1. rogeruk

rogeruk Member

Hi all,

Where can I find a list of commands/functions I can use within a script?. (eg..

I am trying to work out how to get the 'finished' time of a script and how long its been running.
    I have got Time.Timestamp which will give the timestamp, but how would I convert it to a readable time? like 50 secs, etc?.

How would I get my script to pull data from the API?. If this cannot be done, is there a way I can pull information from a file? either locally or on a website?
  2. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page From here it branches off into everything. While maybe not sorted very appealingly for a new user after enough digging you can find it all. Otherwise try some more "obvious" keywords in the search bar and that can often lead you where you need to go.

Time.Timestamp is a figure given in milliseconds. ${Math.Calc[${Time.Timestamp} / 1000]} will give you "seconds". There is also ${Script.RunningTime} which when called at the end of a script while give you a total running time (again in milliseconds). Also there is a built in function atexit that will call when a script terminates normally.

Code (Text):

function main()
    {
     ;Do stuff here
    }

function atexit()
    {
     echo Run Time in seconds - ${Math.Calc[${Script.RunningTime} / 1000]}
    }

Another good way to find out what you can do with a command is to type "lstype command" into the console, replace command with something else eg Time, Mouse, Me. And this will give you a list of all members and methods available to that datatype.

As for the last thing you are asking I am not quite sure what you mean "pull data from the api". There is however a file command where you can load a file and perform various operations on it.
    http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/ObjectType:file
  3. rogeruk

rogeruk Member

Thanks for the reply, great help.

regarding the pull data from api i mean the eveapi, egcharacter transactions, wallet etc.
  4. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

If you are subscribed to isxeve there is no reason to use the api. There is far more information provided by isxeve itself. However, if you must use the api I think your best bet is the File datatype I mentioned earlier.
    This is where you can find "everything" that isxeve can access
    http://eve.isxgames.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
    But the wiki is not kept up to date very often so be sure to use lstype often and check isxevechanges.txt in the isxeve folder.
  5. rogeruk

rogeruk Member

Thanks again. The changes file has been alot of help.

Reason I need to pull my API is to know the 'purchase price' of items I am selling, to ensure it doesnt sell for a loss. Ofcourse i have a %change check in effect but at the moment I have no way of knowing what the purchase price was for a particular item.