Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kannkor, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

With the most recent Innerspace (Build 6255), a lot of people started having problems with Everquest2 not loading.

Lax has been working on a fix for it. If you wish to try it it's on the dev build (6257).

2. Oren

Oren Member

Not sure if im the only one or not, but this has been an ongoing issue for me for months.

I found an old topic that suggested using an older version of Inner Space (v1.15 Build 6174). Fixed the loading problems for me immediately.

The downside is that i crash noticeably more often.

PS. i did try downloading the most recent version, and the test version that you had suggested above, neither of which fixed the issue for me. so i went back to 6174
  3. Multicharacter

Multicharacter Senior Member

When you go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers in your registry do you see Everquest II listed Name, and an extension listed under Data 'Ignore Free library extension.dll'? I found when it stops loading sessions if I rename the folder the game is in, then update IS settings to the new path the game suddenly starts working. Eventually I traced it to registry entries in that tree, and I go in and delete it everytime it gets added back in (Windows does it automatically).
  4. Cheesy

Cheesy Well-Known Member

My innerspace updated to build 6257 today and since I've not been able to launch any clients at all. Anybody else experiencing this?
  5. Khordach

Khordach New Member

I had to set the game configuration to have "Inner Space Loader Aggressiveness" to minimum in the game configuration to get EQ2 to load at all. Now ISXEQ2 won't load, as it says "Inner Space is using ISXDK v35 and this extension was build with a different version"

For the record, I have IS 6258 right now, thinking about downgrading some.
  6. appleuser

appleuser Well-Known Member

6174 still works just fine if that helps anyone
  7. Khordach

Khordach New Member

Trying 6174 just results in an immediate crash in the IS kernel when trying to load ISXEQ2.
  8. Khordach

Khordach New Member

Nope. Completely FUBAR. Even a new installation is failing.
    Oh well. I need to kick the habit anyway.
  9. Godelpus

Godelpus New Member

Roll back to v6233, been playing that all night and seems stable enough.
  10. litewave

litewave Well-Known Member

6180 if all else fails.
  11. EmpireSec

EmpireSec New Member

After the 3/6/2018 Daybreak and other patches, I got the loading problem. However that only happened on two of my three machines. On the two, running the regular Launcher, validating the files, logging in and out of a character, then launching Inner Space worked again. At least until the next day. Windows 10 security patch inadvertently causing Inner Space issues?

Got the two machines properly working by rolling back to Build 6233, from https://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/archives
    Read thread https://www.isxgames.com/f/threads/crashing-solution.8153/ for general patching instructions.

Thanks Godelpus.
  12. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

Here is the latest way to fix the problem (yes it appears it all stems from Windows 10 patch).
    http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9100
    Please note that is isboxer forums, so do NOT discuss botting or extensions there at all. Just information about the innerspace issue we're having.
  13. EmpireSec

EmpireSec New Member

Outstanding. Thanks Kannkor.

Spoke too soon about machine 1 of 3. Security patch went in, and nothing loaded afterwards. Will try the fix later.