Stardog's Melee Bot Discussion Thread

aChallenged1

The place you come to for questions and answers, requests, and what not.

The bot itself is available at: Stardog's Melee Bot Release Thread.

Keep all comments, requests, etc. here. The release thread is for the developer to post changes, change logs, and the bot itself.

Please, try to be accurate in your descriptions when trying to let Stardog know about a bug you've found. Remarks such as, "This bot stinks", or "This fucking bot..." aren't helpful at all and will do nothing to help fix the problems.

Both positive and negative feedback are welcome, just don't make it into a personal attack. Thank you.

Stardog

Thanks for making this thread Ac1.

for those that are having issues with an index error That is because there was a file naming problem on the import routine. That is fixed.

Also if you find that you are running past mobs it is because you have your Z axis set to HIGH ( this is found on the Targeting page )

Now with all that crap out of the way. whats new and coming in TONIGHT.
HEALING baby...Full healing support of your self that is, if you wanna run a healer use the healer bot
Now all you healer classes can Use the solobot, errr. Meleebot.
I plan to have Disciple support this weekend..

As always if there is something you wish to see added or a class supported either drop me a message here, or hunt me like the dawg i am in irc.

Last edited:

Xeon

You should pair down the items in the dropdown list to just those that apply.

See this post for a LavishScript example of how:

http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1022

Also, I think you are getting to close, as I often have to back up because of "Can't see Target" messages. I'm fighting large creatures.

It also seems to have an issue with the Buff queue as I will often cast one of my Buff spells instead of the "Pull" Ability.

You should also check the "range" on the Pull ability and move to that. It looks like you are just moving to 15m away right now.

In addition, I'd like the option of NOT moving into close combat range, as the pull ability will usually bring them to me. Just keep using the Pull ability if they are > 5m distance.

EDIT: Healing is working like a charm :D

EDIT: Huge problem with adds. When I get an add (or run into a group) it doesn't attack the one who are attacking me, but will try to wander off and find new targets instead. It seems like it has the corpse still targeted. It tries to fight, but keeps getting the "You can't do that now" message like it's trying to attack the corpse.

Last edited:

gp1001

Could you weed out all of the abilites we wont use? If i have Critical Shot IV i wont need to see Critical Shot III. etc.

Rangers Critical shot can only be used at the beginning of combat. Could you add a secondary pull option so that if the primary is alredy fired and cant be used again to goto the secondary ranged ability, and have it fire that ability till the mob is in melee range? But if we can get the Critical shot chains to work then there will be no need for that becuase by the time all 3 chains go off the mob is at my feet. =P

Also Critical Shot opens up a chain and if you use Critical Shot as your pull ability, the chians will not work. I have tried putting in the Dawn Of arrows wich is the ability that follows up the chain in the chains list in multiple places and it doesn't trigger it.

Thanks

Stardog

2BoxingFiend said:
is there a way to not require the hunting ground path, so i can use the bot while in group?
I could add it so it jsut assists soemone i guess. Like the heal bot....
What class are you?

Stardog

gp1001 said:
Could you weed out all of the abilites we wont use? If i have Critical Shot IV i wont need to see Critical Shot III.

Rangers Critical shot can only be used at the beginning of combat. Could you add a secondary pull option so that if the primary is alredy fired and cant be used again to goto the secondary ranged ability, and have it fire that ability till the mob is in melee range? But if we can get the Critical shot chains to work then there will be no need for that becuase by the time all 3 chains go off the mob is at my feet. =P

Also Critical Shot opens up a chain and if you use Critical Shot as your pull ability, the chians will not work. I have tried putting in the Dawn Of arrows wich is the ability that follows up the chain in the chains list in multiple places and it doesn't trigger it.

Thanks
Q1: etc. let me see what i can do about parsing those out.. someone also requested alphabetical order

Q2: I can add that

Q3: Let me think on how to do this the best way.. are the Chains that are opened from critical shot ranged?

Stardog

New Update to 1.9

Fixed some exception errors that were happening if you tried to add a mob without one selected i nthe list boxes,, Or deleting...

2BoxingFiend

Stardog said:
What class are you?
dread knight and cleric

also, is there a way to have the cleric follow, assist, heal and buff out side of group as a powerleveler per say

tnx

Stardog

2BoxingFiend said:
dread knight and cleric

also, is there a way to have the cleric follow, assist, heal and buff out side of group as a powerleveler per say

tnx

I run a Dread knight and cleric too.
Check out Healbot. it will do all of what you want , although i don't know about power leveling outside a group. I suppose it would if you set the master and tank.
but it does all of what you want. note: set the cleric to FIGHT BACK when attacked
so the meleebot will pick up on it and rescue. as needed.

2BoxingFiend

Stardog said:
I run a Dread knight and cleric too.
Check out Healbot. it will do all of what you want , although i don't know about power leveling outside a group. I suppose it would if you set the master and tank.
but it does all of what you want. note: set the cleric to FIGHT BACK when attacked
so the meleebot will pick up on it and rescue. as needed.

i love your healbot script, i use it with my cleric

although, when i enable the "assist/fight" mode, the bot tends to wander 10m away from the fight then run back and forth till it finds a location it likes.

as to running the healbot for the dread knight, it seems that the bot does not execute any of the chains.

ty again for the great bots

Stardog

2BoxingFiend said:
i love your healbot script, i use it with my cleric

although, when i enable the "assist/fight" mode, the bot tends to wander 10m away from the fight then run back and forth till it finds a location it likes.

as to running the healbot for the dread knight, it seems that the bot does not execute any of the chains.

ty again for the great bots
I have fixed a few things with heal bot that i'm not sure are in the current release, I will check tonight and post my version i think i fixed that.not sure). ido need to add a couple things to both bots that will fix some rare oddities that piss me off when they do happen.

i use melee bot on my dk and healbot on my healer. i have notcied that after about 12 hours of running the healbot it starts acting funny so i started restarting ever 12 hours. not sure if its VG or the bot.

But i'm getting a real compiler soon and will fix it if its my problem

Thanks for the compliment...

Blachawk

An OhShit button would be nice. In both meleebot and healbot. A button that would stop ALL automated activity and enable sprint or port. ( I prefer to run away )

I try turning automode off on the healbot and he continues to run to the mob in combat so I can never get away. I have used pause and automode off but it maintains control.

I play a necro with meleebot and he makes a great tank as long as my cleric on healbot is there. Great work! Thanks

dazed0119

ok, I have tried and tried to download this, but every time the installed runs it errors out. Does the installer try to install to a certain path or something?

Stardog

dazed0119 said:
ok, I have tried and tried to download this, but every time the installed runs it errors out. Does the installer try to install to a certain path or something?
ARe you copying the File meleebot.exe into your Innerspace\.Net programs Folder

neogeoman

im loving everything except 1 thing...

The bot doesnt seem to like using any of the chain move stuff including counterattacks as well. it will use them on a very rare occasion, but they are usually ignored.

hooch604

Stardog said:
What class are you?
I am going to try this baby with a cleric/bard combo.... I am just not sure which I want to actually play myself... :)

Oh and Hi! I am a newbie to Innerspace , currently enjoying Xeon's Craftbot, just love it. I was going to write a custom melee bard 2box program using autoit but then I recently found innerspace.

Looks like I am going to have to learn me some c#.....

hooch604

Hmm this seems to kinda be the melee and heal bot discussion as the healbot thread is empty....

Does your healbot melee only when it gets aggro?

That seemed to be my expirence, if so, can we maybe get a checkbox for "Always Melee Assist" ?

What I am trying to do is run a bard behind me that will sing it's songs and assist me in melee on the mobs. Healbot almost does the trick except it only seems to assist when it acquires aggro.

Batman69

I liek this bot alot! BUT it seems that if it can not find a mob to kill it like "glitches" out really bad till it detects a mob to kill!

PappaSmurf

Just downloaded version 4.0 and it seems that when I try to start it now, it will crash VG completely.

I have .NET 1.1, 2.0, and even 3.0 installed with all SPs and updates. Either there is something wrong with version 4 or Innerspace's handling of .NET applications has changed and is broke.

-- PappaSmurf

PappaSmurf

I have ISXIRC installed.. still crashing VG completely... not sure what the problem is if others can run it .. I am running Vista (32bit) but that should not matter.

- PappaSmurf

<EDIT> Found my problem. It is working now! Thanks!

Last edited:

Stardog

If meleebot crashes the second you start it.. it is becuase you don't have ISXirc installed.. It is used in the irc/reporting/control.

ststew

How do paths work? I made a complete circle around a hill twice, and sometimes it tries to cut across and runs straight through kos mobs. It doesn't stop to fight them even, just runs to the other side and then stops and finally attacks back.

Stardog

ststew said:
How do paths work? I made a complete circle around a hill twice, and sometimes it tries to cut across and runs straight through kos mobs. It doesn't stop to fight them even, just runs to the other side and then stops and finally attacks back.
paths work like so, It will get the distance to your nearest way point. if its more then your leash, it will run to it. Other wise it will try to target a mob and move to the next way point. You can not leave any settings blank. you MUST go through and set everything, once it is set up it is tight you will like it. but you must put some work into it.
I will set up a guide and such tommorrow and explain everything.

here are some tips. if it is running through mobs then a few things are happening
1) you dont' have them on your approved mob list. (you have to set them in that )
2) You don't have your min/max level of approved mob set up
3) you have your Z axis to high.
4) you have your MInimum DOT level to low.
5) They are all blacklisted and bugged. (doubtfull)

thats really it.
Hopefully you get it workin

ststew

Any support for a monk? I tried it on my monk and it would sit there and rest forever due to not having any energy.

dazed0119

I cant seem to get this to work right with my ranger. I can get him to use a ranged attack to pull but then he just sits there and waits for the mob to get close enough to melee. Also I don't think I am setting up my chains right as it never uses them. Mainly I am trying to get it to use my Dawn arrow chain when ever it is active but it wont, any suggestions?

ststew

Is it possible to also add a feature to at a certain % of health (20ish?) to Feign Death and wait til a certain amount of helath (probably 100%), to get up as a Monk?

Stardog

Yeah i could do that.. right now however i got other projects in the works.
but i will add it to my to do list , right up there with the support for no energy checks

dsc2007

Love the bot~!

But one request, was wondering if you could implement a check box to follow the defensive target for two boxing as the healbot does?

abndrew82

Any chance if this bot is still being worked on

To add something for it to harvest the mobs you kill.

I have used this and it works nice most of the time for working certain areas and killing, but I would love it if I could turn it on to wipe out an area of Treants or Stone mobs and have it kill then loot and harvest the mobs.

Thanks for any info.

Stardog

It does..... now.... does your version have a selection of Harvest mobs after kill on the main page,, just click the tab\

Tross

Downloaded from the link in the first post, gets me 4.0b !

I don't see a place that allows you to checkmark 'Harvest mobs after kill'.

Does sound perfect tho ;)

Wanted to say thanks for the great bot !

Top Bottom