Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Amadeus, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

The forums will now allow you to register and/or login using your Steam credentials. This feature is purely optional and is not necessary to utilize the forums in any way. It simply provides a way for people to connect on Steam, share their statistics, etc. if/when they wish to do so.

If you have already created your account here on the forums, you can associate it with your Steam account by hovering your mouse over your username in the upper right corner and click "External Accounts" (see attached screenshot.)

If you wish to see the source code for the addon that is providing this functionality, it is available HERE. Also, you may be interested in this Steam-related announcement that I posted a couple of years ago: http://www.isxgames.com/f/threads/isxgames-group-on-steam-tm.6489/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  2. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

Please note that, for now, I'm going to disable the feature that links to steam profiles for each forum posting (it would appear below my name to the left of this posting, for example.) However, we'll see how it goes leaving the Steam statistics link enabled. It's a new tab at the top of the forums and provides some cool stats on our Steam users, what games they play, etc.