Still Active?

john125

hi guys new to this forum and bot but old botter here, i have searched as much as i can on this, i'm setup up to the point of authentication which will not do and i cant enter manually for ISXEVE.
at this point i'm starting to think it's no longer active with the amount of info on the forum or the time of that info anyway, is this still an active bot for eve or have i just paid for 2 subscriptions for no good reason?

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
Everything on these forums is still as legitimate as they were when they were posted. Just because a posting is old doesn't mean it isn't valid.

And, I'm not sure what you mean by "can't enter manually for ISXEVE". You'll have to provide more information on what you've tried and what you're seeing for me to tell you why it's not working. But, plenty of people are using ISXEVE just fine.

ISXEVE is not an "out-of-the-box" experience. It requires a lot of time and energy to research everything, learn the scripting language, adjust it to your needs, etc..etc.. This is not a place where you go to find a bot that you can just configure and start in a day. That's why it's not that expensive. (And, to be honest, it's this way partly out of design -- the less people using it, the less attention it gets, and the less incentive CCP has to worry about it.) However, once you do learn it, ISXEVE can do just about everything you would want a bot to do. It's extremely powerful and fully featured (the wiki isn't even up-to-date, and it still shows an extensive amount of functionality. If you want to see everything, see the current Changes file and the older Changes file. And, although I personally suggest using Lavishscript for creating bots, the .NET wrapper on Github provides additional documentation/design.) And, again, just because things haven't been updated for a while doesn't mean they're not working and/or functioning. The truth of the matter is that ISXEVE itself is often the only thing that needs updating over the years, and I keep it up-to-date for every patch, just like I stated on this post in the Announcements forum.

All this being said, if you don't like it then just request a refund via email -- just as I stated on the website where you bought the ISXEVE subscription. I used to give trial subscriptions; however, people abused it by cancelling and getting a new subscription every 5 days ...so, I stopped doing that.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
I also should state that ISXEVE is less active because less people are playing EVE and they don't seem overly interested in things like that. Or, else they don't mind using unsafe bots that they buy elsewhere.

If you're looking for something to use InnerSpace with that has a bot that's ready to use, "out-of-the-box", then check out OgreBot for EverQuest 2. (Your subscription for ISXEVE should work for ISXEQ2 as well.)

john125

Thanks Amadeus, you've given all i need to know really i dont mind at all about things looking out of date it was just a concern. i to do like the fact of what you said about the user base, the setting up if it takes a few weeks then thats fine i do like getting into the nitty gritty bits as when they do start running right it's impressive. if there are any other scources you could give me for your work it would be great i think i may have read alot of the info for this already but again now i hear it from the horses mouth it's still good then i can now move on.

as for the part i'm stuck on it is step 3 in the installation stage http://www.isxgames.com/isxeve/Setup_Step3.html ......this bit that Auth window does not show for me, and then looking at others way to do it, i found you man manually fill it in editing an XML file which for me is not there, so clearing i've missed simthing. however i've been over the steps a few times and all upto this point seems 100%. just fyi this is the only reason i started to think it was not being used anymore sorry for that.

john125

just another quick one my eve setup will be 1 orca 8 barges 1 hauler in an obelisk this can handle that?
6 screen pc to work with

just noticed on trying to load the extension in the inner space console and it says 'isxeve' could not be loaded. is this because it's not yet authenticated or does auth kick in after it's loaded?

Last edited:

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
For the setup, just make sure that you have innerspace legitimately installed and that you used the ISXEVE installer. If it says that ISXEVE cannot be loaded, then there is a problem somewhere with the installation (and this might be why the authentication window is not coming up.)

After running the ISXEVe installer ...if you then go to the innerspace installation directory ..you should have a file under /Extensions/ISXDK35/ISXEVE.dll

john125

o my dear sorry mate it was an input erroe i had ext iszeve instead of ext isxeve to load all good now in and running

Top Bottom