Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by appleuser, Apr 26, 2018.

1. appleuser

appleuser Well-Known Member

A friend of mine is offering me his gtx 660Ti for a decent price. I already have one of these so was thinking of running SLI. My rig is managing with 6 boxing but I see fps drop to 5 and below if I mass pull trash. Would running a second gfx card help? When I trash pull my cpu goes from 70‰ to 95%+ so I am *guessing* this is the issue and don't want to buy the card if I won't see an improvement Any advice gratefully received!
  2. Kannkor

Kannkor Ogre

I *believe* this is what I found out, years ago (which could have changed, and depending if my memory is accurate). But when you SLI, you are sharing the speed, but not adding the memory (guessing the memory has to be duplicated so both have the same memory space, but could be wrong). Since EQ2 does NOT use the GPU barely at all, SLI in an old game like eq2 has 0 effect. The GPU is basically a 'do you have enough VRAM?' If no, you'll run like shit and crash a lot. If yes, continue.

So, IMO, it's not worth it.
  3. appleuser

appleuser Well-Known Member

Thank you Kannkor! I'll politely decline then. I owe you a beer for saving me 60 quid <3