The Real Future Of Botting.

lixleon

donno what they are goin to do, detect and vanish all of bot into prison, or send anyone who are reported by someone into jail.
otherwise, this is choice for those botters want to play in "legal" way.

blacktop

That server is not meant for boxers, its for the abusive and pain in the bum ppl around that disrupting the live server and are abusive to others. not saying that boxers won't end up there but if your a boxer that keeps to himself/herself DBG has no reason to send you there.

imagine if all boxers are sent to drunder, it would be the most populated eq2 server out there :)

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
I wonder if everyone will have the option of creating a character there ...just to drop by and enjoy the chat channels.

It will be the most popular server in the game if they just keep it a server and not some watered down version of a server.

Dooby

It will be the most popular server in the game if they just keep it a server and not some watered down version of a server.
That's probably the case...especially since it'll be the only server that requires your entire ACCOUNT to be on that server, and you can't move away from it.

Dooby

I wonder if everyone will have the option of creating a character there ...just to drop by and enjoy the chat channels.
You can petition for an account to be moved there, but it's an account level flag, so it's entire account or nothing....and it requires a sub.

Dooby

That server is not meant for boxers, its for the abusive and pain in the bum ppl around that disrupting the live server and are abusive to others. not saying that boxers won't end up there but if your a boxer that keeps to himself/herself DBG has no reason to send you there.
I'd like to believe this is the case, but wouldn't bank on it. I expect they'll start out with this 'experiment' purely based on problems that are brought to a GM's attention. Initially, people that are disruptive trolls or callous cheaters (e.g. port and speed hacks) will be Drunder citizens. If there are many complaints about botters to GM's then there COULD be a decision that "live servers will not tolerate cheating of any kind" resulting in sweeping incarcerations based on evidence, rather than observations/complaints.

I think anyone sitting in a public area or SLR with their crew named "Abbot","Beebot","Seebot", etc. would be incredibly unwise and likely to be banned. Anyone AFK harvesting an area is almost certain to be nailed the first time they run up and pull a node out from under a real player (or get stuck on a tree).

tarbasch

If they do start sending botters there it will kill it for me at least and I assume other who do not pay for all of their accounts since it requires a sub, and I doubt krono will be on that server.

Last edited:

Eyedea

If they do start sending boxers there it will kill it for me at least and I assume other who do not pay for all of their accounts since it requires a sub, and I doubt krono will be on that server.
Just to make it clear, we are botters, not boxers. :p

DaggerSplicer

Ok, silly question because I don't do things that draw attention to myself. The Ogre master prides himself on what the true power of his application is capable of. Since, drunder has no control measures, will the true potential of Ogrebot be released as well? Don't bash me, you know each one of you are thinking of this very thing.

Kannkor

Ogre
Ok, silly question because I don't do things that draw attention to myself. The Ogre master prides himself on what the true power of his application is capable of. Since, drunder has no control measures, will the true potential of Ogrebot be released as well? Don't bash me, you know each one of you are thinking of this very thing.
I've thought about this very thing. Making a second 'ruleset' for the drunder server where 'don't do that' don't really need to exist. There are still things to consider.
While it's a 'no rules' server, they still will ban people on it. It's just most rules are over looked.
Honestly, I think it would be great to move to that server, and have a 'bot war'. Have a real 'bot-raid progression' ranking. But, would that bring extra attention to botting in general? Sure, it may be allowed (even though they haven't actually said that) on that server, but it brings botting into the lime light, and at a level we don't want it.

Just food for thought for now.

Billybob12

I've thought about this very thing. Making a second 'ruleset' for the drunder server where 'don't do that' don't really need to exist. There are still things to consider.
While it's a 'no rules' server, they still will ban people on it. It's just most rules are over looked.
Honestly, I think it would be great to move to that server, and have a 'bot war'. Have a real 'bot-raid progression' ranking. But, would that bring extra attention to botting in general? Sure, it may be allowed (even though they haven't actually said that) on that server, but it brings botting into the lime light, and at a level we don't want it.

Just food for thought for now.
Bonus for all-out bot war pvp.

Kannkor

Ogre
Bonus for all-out bot war pvp.
Other than the massive amount of time one would have to put into making good profiles for PvP, I think full on Bot PvP wars would be so much fun. I personally have no interest in playing on a PvP server, but Bot PvP wars would be great.

DaggerSplicer

Personally, I do not for one moment think it will draw attention. I mean, no customer service means just that. Who will people complain about. We people of the Ogree tribes would usurp total dominion over all things Norrathian. The only question now, " Let's say we decide to personally move to Drunder where a second ruleset is applied. Will this mean a separate membership is required? ".

Kannkor

Ogre
Personally, I do not for one moment think it will draw attention. I mean, no customer service means just that. Who will people complain about. We people of the Ogree tribes would usurp total dominion over all things Norrathian. The only question now, " Let's say we decide to personally move to Drunder where a second ruleset is applied. Will this mean a separate membership is required? ".
Well, I don't believe the 'no customer service' aspect of it. I'm sure it will be limited. Things like if people were to post videos/talk/brag about what they have killed, and it gets re-posted/linked on the official forums what bots are doing... Would this be an issue? I'd like to think not... but it's sort of unknown. Right this second it's a little too early to tell. I'm just waiting to see how it plays out for now. I have a feeling DBG isn't quite sure exactly what they want with this server either (hence no clarification). This gives them the ability to change it on the fly without people getting upset they went back on their word etc.

Separate membership for what? To Ogre? No. (Well, I guess I should say unlikely. If people wanted something massive that was a ton of work then who knows, but it should be pretty simple to do). I also don't like the idea of different [paid] memberships. It gets really annoying when people want to switch between them. I've been tossing around an idea where I may make it so you could, slack of better words, 'sign up' (log in and click a button) for some extra features. Would be no cost difference, but you'd have to read and agree to some additional rules, for example.

It does require a paid membership to EQ2 (but I think you already knew this and wasn't asking.. but thought I'd include it for completeness).

dtgreer

I think Drunder would be great in some respects BUT the requiring subs would likely cause me and several others to leave the game. I just dont think there would be enough Krono to support paying for 6 or 12 accounts but hey who knows?

DaggerSplicer

Ok, that clears things up for me a bit. I was thinking along the lines of having one account live and the other on lock down. So, having to switch back and forth rule sets would cause a concern with authentication within the server mainly. So, I believe what you are saying would be to institute maybe an access screen that allows us to switch between sets on the front end verses a complete overhaul of the code is ideal.

DaggerSplicer

I think Drunder would be great in some respects BUT the requiring subs would likely cause me and several others to leave the game. I just dont think there would be enough Krono to support paying for 6 or 12 accounts but hey who knows?
I know for myself, never really use krono other than that last second refill when real cash was not an option. Mainly, decided to make a few sacrificial adjustments for my entertainment budget. This decision was easy to reach for me. Cutting just $3 to $6 a day from junk food and other assortments help me tremendously with my Ogre/EQ2 fix. Then for those days I just have to satisfy my craving Sam's Club/Costco bulk to the rescue, so I am only spending what I need to spend without stretching over my limits.

Kannkor

Ogre
Ok, that clears things up for me a bit. I was thinking along the lines of having one account live and the other on lock down. So, having to switch back and forth rule sets would cause a concern with authentication within the server mainly. So, I believe what you are saying would be to institute maybe an access screen that allows us to switch between sets on the front end verses a complete overhaul of the code is ideal.
Mostly, but it would only require you to "check the box" once to enable it. Which would allow you both rule sets. Then you could "uncheck the box" to only allow one rule set. (I'm using air quotes because it's just all theory right now).

Top Bottom