Discussion in 'Tutorials, Questions and Answers' started by taots, May 22, 2010.

1. taots

taots Member

Just started having this issue.
    The map and mini map no longer display the graphic for the terrain.
    If I use the default .exe file it works fine. When I use the twonk .exe file the terrain graphic goes away in both the large map and mini map.

The terrain map is missing completely, it only shows a transparent window with the usual POI etc, but no terrain.
    I tried messing with the window settings etc, but the best I can come up with is the .exe file has something to do with it.

Anyone else having this issue? Or know of a fix for it?
    Thanks
    :)
  2. flatlined

flatlined Active Member

I have this issue too.
    We're still using an executable client from the start of this month. My guess is the latest client altered something about maps, so the old client we use is out of date.
    Therefore it'll be fixed with the next forced update, which will likely come with the GU release that is inc.

Disregard this problem, live with it, or don't use isxeq2 until the next forced update / GU.
  3. taots

taots Member

Ok, phew. I can live with it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just something on my end. I spent a good hour trying different things and narrowing it down etc.

But yeah, I can wait. Ty for the reply.
  4. pz

pz Active Member

or you could patch and put back the executable isxeq2 wants, but the gu is in a couple days anyway and you've lived with it this long so.
  5. flatlined

flatlined Active Member

except it's THAT exe that causes the problem cos they altered something since 12 may. Using the newer exe from /bin/auto causes it to request going back to 12 may exe.
  6. pz

pz Active Member

i don't have any issues with my map, i'm sorry my suggestion doesn't/didn't work for you.

i patch up occasionally for different reasons, and revert to the executable isxeq2 requires.

obviously isxeq2 is going to request the executable it's built for.

moot point is moot, we'll all be patching tomorrow unless they push it back.