Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wyteknukkel, May 20, 2008.

1. wyteknukkel

wyteknukkel Active Member

Anyone know if it's possible to run two instances of VG using Innerspace w/ISXVG, and how?
  2. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

I do not think that it is possible. At least, it wasn't possible last time I worked on it.
  3. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

It used to be impossible to even launch two sessions of Vanguard on one PC... now it is possible, but that's as far as I've gotten. With the shitty performance of one client, two is even worse. Not even usable, really, so i didn't even bother trying to load isxvg.

both instances were launched with IS, though.
  4. godfetish

godfetish Active Member

5. wyteknukkel

I have a quadcore, and would accomplish that by setting the affinity for each session to different cores. Im not that worried about performance issues, don't plan to do it much, or in high-demand situations. Guess I'll play around with it & see if I can get it to run. Thx guys.
  6. abndrew82

abndrew82 Active Member

I am currently testing doing this, and so far it is working

The way I have done it, is using a program called Sandboxie which allows you to open programs in like a virtual area.

I tested first by just opening 2 vanguards which I couldnt do before and that worked.

Now what I have done is used this program to open Innerspace twice in what they call Sandboxes

then with the 2 Innerspaces open, I loaded the 2 Vanguards and have both characters up

I have not tried botting or anything, but plan to after lunch I am going to try and run 2 crafters doing this and will update this post with my results.
  7. wyteknukkel

Thanks, I remember seeing something about Sandboxing a while back, will look into it.
  8. don'tdoit

don'tdoit Active Member

let us know how the botting goes... especially performance.
  9. abndrew82

abndrew82 Active Member

I will do,

About to try running 2 Craft bots at the moment.

That is really all I have to test at the moment, as I have had little to no luck at getting any of the hunting bots to work for me.

Kbot seems to kill, but some reason he wouldnt harvest mobs
    and Stardogs new Master Bot crashes after about 3 kills and crashes VG totally.

I May try Kbot today on just some exp mobs and not the harvest & exp that I have been wanting to do, to see how the performance is.
  10. godfetish

godfetish Active Member

Something is wrong with kbot. I can't get it to properly skin mobs either, and I'm running just 1 instance. It's been a little funky anyway, as it will often run off course stranding me in water, against a hillside, or eventually zoning and unloading itself. Not sure what to say, and I can't find where it's broken either. Debugging it has proven to be a bitch, and AoC has kept my attention for now.

But, the point is I guess that the clients performed well, just not the script properly?
  11. abndrew82

abndrew82 Active Member

I will have to try this again on my better machine.

It didnt really work out at all on my second machine

I was able to load both VG's but the second was lagging so badly I couldnt even get the craftbot to open.

I Had to flush about 15 times just to see the craft table.
  12. MstrGareth

MstrGareth Active Member

Actually, you can accomplish two instances by simply copying vanguard.exe to vanguard2.exe

Each exe file will run an instance just fine (can even tie it into IS easily). You want at least 128m of video ram and 1gb of system ram per instance. Keep both instances open in window mode with one instance covering the second instance then just alt tab between them. Works great for me. The background instance renders frames much slower so sensative things like movement can be affected but I havent seen any dramatic problems from it.

It would greatly help if Ama could cause VG to skip the actual rendering phase like mq2fps does.