Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Amadeus, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

The update to EVE today was significant, from an 'internal' standpoint. Some very 'basic' components were changed, which means a lot of small changes within ISXEVE (i.e., thousands of lines of code will have to be edited, some things re-written, things changed/removed/added, etc.) Therefore, this update will take more time than usual.

There is no reason to be concerned. It is not a difficult update -- it is simply a time-consuming update.

If you want to be the first to hear about ISXEVE and/or experience any 'test builds', feel free to idle on our IRC channel. You can find information on how to connect to the ISXEVE IRC channel at http://www.isxgames.com/support.html.

Updates will also be posted to this thread as they are announced.
  2. Amadeus

November 7, 2010

Although ISXEVE is still not completely 'fixed' from the patch, I have released a new version on the official patcher. You will find that many things will work right now as they have, while other things will still take a bit more time to get corrected and working properly.

If you come across bugs, you may post about them; however, the reports must be specific and include an exact method for recreating the bugs (i.e., sample script, members/methods that can be typed into the console, etc.) DO NOT post things about evebot, salvager, or any other large-scale script.

If things do not work for you, and you are a 'casual user', then you will simply have to be patient while folks continue reporting bugs and I have time to fix everything. Eventually, things will get back to 'normal'. All future patches will happen automatically, so you don't have to worry about downloading anything.

Finally, if you are using EVEBOT, be sure that you are updating the files from SVN every day for the next couple of weeks. Many of the things that changed with eve and isxeve will require changes in all scripts. Also, look on the forums for announcements when your favorite scripts (such as 'salvager') are updated. Until you see something on the forums, then you should expect them to be broken. You may get lucky and things might work without any changes; however, that will be the exception, not the rule.
  3. Amadeus

November 7, 2010

If you are getting strange bugs that make no sense (i.e., things work with one account and then not with another, some instances work but others do not, etc.) then please follow the instructions in this thread: http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4520.