VGCraft Update Proposition

Greetings Gents,

As the school year moves into full swing, I'm going to have progressively less time at the keyboard; my particular discipline requires a lot of after-school time for my students and I. That being said, after my hiatus from Vanguard, I've been clawing my way back to where I should be game-wise. I don't want to lose more ground, and since VGCraft is my primary means of income I have a proposition.

The "stops getting workorders and runs back and forth" problem has been in existence for quite some time now.
As is well known in this board, Vanguard doesn't have tons of players anymore, and according to Amadeus neither does ISXVG. I can understand how spending time on something like this is, well-- a drag. Here's my offer: Since I know nothing about programming, I will personally finance an update to get this script working smoothly again. I'm not saying this to sound like an ass, rather to possibly light a spark under the developer of this script (or whoever may be capable of fixing it). Get in touch with me either by e-mail or phone to discuss compensation, send me an invoice for labor involved, and get it running properly. No muss, no fuss.

I wish I could write this somehow without sounding like such a pompous ass, and for that I apologize. I'm just an old gamer who has the desire to play more than he has the hours for. Let me know.

Amadeus

The Maestro
Staff member
An email from someone looking into it is below. Please respond to his inquiry for log files by editing the file so that it doesn't have any personal information and then attaching it to a posting. Or, you can email it to amadeusmq@yahoo.com and I will forward it to the person working on the problem:

Code:
Hi

Did not sleep well last night so had another look at it.

Called out some values when the script was getting works orders and all seems to work OK even if a little more complex than it need to be now.

I had time for it to run 200 recipies and it failed once. The failure though was it going to sleep (timing out) after targeting the NPC to get more recipies. The NPC had more recipies - but the toon did not run back and forward. It was in range and I was tired and missed the rest.  I will check the availability of endless Works Orders on lower level toons.

A very useful thing would be if when the person with the issues gets the problem that they post or send you the log file so we can see what is happening. Might be better for them to email it as if they are not computer literate they may include a lot of extraneous info not related to the actual problem.

innerspace\scripts\vgcraft\save\player name\xxcraft-output.log

I suspect we need the last part from:

VGCraft : : Moving to Found Target
VG:MoveToTarget: Already Nice and Close. All done.
VGCraft : : Movedone called : : Distance: 1.4 (or whatever it is)
VGCraft : : at WO NPC, get some

down to the end where it fails

Also in the script it believes that consumables still stack at 25 when they actually stack to 100.
There is also a badrecipie list but nothing went in that.

Plan to look at it some more on Thursday evening.

Bottom line, I have not found the problem yet. My feeling is that it is something in the hail NPC - see WO's on the NPC failing but until I can reproduce it will not be able to track it down. There seemed to be "wait" timing in there that worked.
The script fundamentally seems to work fine there is just an odd glitch somewhere. Will keep looking.

Kenmahon

I would also be glad to recompense a fair amount for a working VGCraft script. As the only thing valuable to me in ISXVG is VGCraft, I do not currently have a subscription and cannot help with the development progress, but if it ever gets fixed I will gladly resub without hesitation.

I'm hoping the log I submitted was what you were looking for, Amadeus.

It's been a few weeks since I started this thread, have there been any developments?

--Alpha

Zandros

Script Author: VGA
Greetings Gents,
The "stops getting workorders and runs back and forth" problem has been in existence for quite some time now.
I finally found the routine in which causes VGCraftBot to say there are no Work Orders when there really are. The quick fix was to clear the BlackList collection variable each time VGCraftBot goes into idle for more than 5 minutes. That should fix the "stops getting workorders and runs back and forth" problem.

You will have to use SVN to update VGCraftBot.

Zandros

Also in the script it believes that consumables still stack at 25 when they actually stack to 100.
There is also a badrecipie list but nothing went in that..
Another quick fix... adjusted crafting supplies from 25 per stack to 100 per stack. This has tremendously cut back the total number of supplies needed to craft.

I looked into the badRecipe list and that was your culprit to why you ping pong back and forth between the taskers. It is a must have feature so what I did was cleared the variable after the 5 Min timeout.

I hope these two small patches fixes the problem with VGCraftBot.

Zandros

Some improvements to VGCraft:

A) The script now automatically identifies what state you are in and begins at that step... the benefits of this is you can fire up the VGCraft while manually crafting and it will resume crafting without freezing up.

States:
0=Nothing - begin from beginning
1=Station Setup
2=Cooldown
3=Already Crafting
4=Recipe Select

B) Utilized the built in option to redo a complication. The original default was to cancel the recipe and start over so all I did was redirect it to the redo complication subroutine

C) Also, made sure that Bad Recipe collection is cleared whenever switching between Refiner and Finisher taskers.

Zandros

Another improvement:

A) Because of the change in stack quantity to 100, we no longer need to load extra fuel onto the crafting table.

B) Implemented a routine that will scan the recipe for mandatory ingredients and load them onto the table before doing anything else.

C) Some work order recipes supplies items such as Leather or Cloth which is not needed on the crafting table. If your table automatically loads items by default then it will remove your item that matches the supplied item. This will free up a slot for other items.

Zandros

This.. is fantastic news. Many, many thanks Zandros! Get in touch with me and I'll keep up my end of the bargain.

-Alpha
Thank you for your offer but I will pass on it. I like writing scripts (or modifying existing ones) and it's a hobby. My days of wanting to be a real programmer slipped past me years ago when I passed up the opportunity to work for Microsoft. I do regret my decision. However, writing scripts is fun and I am super grateful of Amadeus making that possible.

My biggest advice about using VGCraft is to not use Bot Mode for extended periods of time else you will risk getting banned. The GM's do monitor the logs and if they see something outrageous (or someone reports you) you might get a surprise visit from one of the GMs. Use it sparingly and make sure you are by the computer and watching. :cool:

Some more improvements:

A) Repair Item check is now set to 90%

B) Repair Items will now repair all items at once instead of 1 at a time

C) Selling will now sell the whole stack instead 1 item at a time

D) Not all recipes has Action Points that are exactly 2000, 2500, 3000, and 3500. Adjusted Progress Ration so that it will work with any recipe, including those from quests. The new progress range is now 0-2000, 2001-2500, 2501-3000, and 3001-higher.

E) Now adds mandatory Ingredients and Utilities found in the recipe before adding any extra.

F) Fixed the error message associated with trying to add too many extra ingredients during setup.

G) With Bot Mode off, you can now go to any crafting table and click on the recipe you want and the script will automatically kick in and begin crafting that item.

Zandros

Added support for the Genesis Tool, an Epic Tool you get from the Genesis quest.

The Genesis Tool can switch between two tools based upon which one you get. Sadly, if you change the tool during crafting, you cannot equip the tool. But what the patch does is it checks if you have the Genesis Tool and equip it as needed.

xbit

Item G is a great addition!

I'm trying to update via SVN and get and error:

Error: 'http://www.isxgames.com/isxScripts/Vanguard%20(LavishScript)/Scripts/vgcraft'

NM changed the URL to svn.isxgames.com

Hmm also when trying to DL the VGCraftzip or any attachment from the forum its trying to download a php file instead...

Zandros

Hmm also when trying to DL the VGCraftzip or any attachment from the forum its trying to download a php file instead...
Thank you on the compliment. Yeah, I too noticed that bug and in the meantime, you have to rename the file to the correct name. Hopefully, Amadeus will resolve that issue in the near future.

I am having trouble auto loading a table, for some reason it starts with a fuel checked and loaded, then removes it and loads the extra items, then either starts the work order and runs normally or closes it and tries to load the table again.

I have not been able to fix it myself, is anyone else having problems auto loading a table?

This issue seems to have sorted itself out now, maybe it was a first time setup kind of deal, it is still wiping the fuel on table load but then by adding fuel into extra items, it loads it back again.

I am not sure if it is supposed to work like now this after the update from Zandros or if it's a bug, but it never used to happen.

Edit:

vgcraft tries to auto sell loot, it appears to scan all bags but gets stuck on no sell, no rent or no quest items which the game can't sell and tries over and over again to sell these items.

Is there any way to turn off auto sell?

I think this is a new change with the update by Zandros too (not hating, I love your work and appreciate the effort, just pointing out new issues I am having now).

Temp fix: To stop this from happening, I had to remove every single item in my bag tagged with no sell, no rent and quest.

Last edited:

Zandros

Fixed the following:

a) During scan of all bags for sellable items, it should not add UNIQUE, NO SELL, NO TRADE, and QUEST items to the sell list
b) I also added the check to not sell if already in the list any UNIQUE, NO SELL, NO TRADE, and QUEST items

Next patch, adding a toggle to turn selling ON or OFF

I will do my best to explain the reasoning behind the fuel adding routine. Previously, vgcraft used to add additional fuel such as more Cloth or Leather to the table when it was not needed. All I did was remove that extra item so that it can free up a spot for other items such as fuel for error correction.

Fixed the following:

a) During scan of all bags for sellable items, it should not add UNIQUE, NO SELL, NO TRADE, and QUEST items to the sell list
b) I also added the check to not sell if already in the list any UNIQUE, NO SELL, NO TRADE, and QUEST items

Next patch, adding a toggle to turn selling ON or OFF

I will do my best to explain the reasoning behind the fuel adding routine. Previously, vgcraft used to add additional fuel such as more Cloth or Leather to the table when it was not needed. All I did was remove that extra item so that it can free up a spot for other items such as fuel for error correction.
That is great Zandros, thanks!

I don't mind the fuel being taken away and added again, I just thought it may be a bug as sometimes it didn't put the fuel back but it seems to be working ok now, I will try and put the items back in my bags and test it. Ty

Top Bottom