Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Amadeus, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Amadeus

Amadeus The Maestro Staff Member

As of the timing of this post, there are issues with the latest version of InnerSpace that are affecting users operating on Windows XP.

First, before I say anything else, I want to make it clear that you should not still be using Windows XP. Using an operating system that was replaced 6 years ago is unfair to developers, especially since things have changed dramatically since that time. It is time to upgrade to Windows 7. Get it done.

But, for now, to fix your issues, the easiest thing to do is revert back to an earlier build of InnerSpace. Here is how it's done:

1. Close all games.
    2. While innerspace is running, right-click on the tray icon and select "patcher". On the window that pops up, CLEAR the checkbox that says "Always patch at startup". It should look like this screenshot (click on the image to make it larger):

IS-NoPatch.JPG

3. Close the innerspace window. And then, and this is important, right click on the innerspace icon again and click "exit" so that innerspace closes down completely.

4. Download the files HERE, in this zip file.

5. Open the zip file and extract the contents to your InnerSpace Installation Directory -- replace all files that already exist. (Note: Your InnerSpace installation directory is where the file "InnerSpace.exe" is located.)

6. Now, open InnerSpace and use it as normal. The patcher window will pop up every time, you can just ignore it and close it each time. I will try to update this thread when/if the issue is resolved and you can safely patch.