Discussion in 'Script Releases' started by tinyromeo, Feb 23, 2012.

1. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

10/01/13
    YOU WILL NEED TO DELETE YOUR OLD CONFIGURATIONS WHEN UPDATING
    Config will now add basic defaults for most modules for ease of use (they can be changed)
    Configurations are now per ship so when a toon jumps ship they can have a completely different bunch of settings.
    Added button Retreat - Left click: Warps to within 100 km of the nearest moon ; Right Click: Sets destination to bookmark labeled Home (autopilot takes over from there)
    Added a master toon swapping button, must be left clicked then right clicked from the client you want to be the master
    Added mining support for mining lasers (This will handle targeting, crystals, and activation only, you are responsible for the cargo) Asteroid mining only (no gas or ice yet)
    A few bug fixes dealing with assisting and targeting

08/04/13
    Orbiting updated to accept 0 to keep slaves from moving

07/30/13
    Back and better than ever! This is all new, completely rewritten from the ground up. Delete the old one (well maybe save it for backup for now).
    While most of the core features behave the the same, I have added much, and improved upon much more so please read thoroughly. Lets get started!

Intro -
    This script is intended to remove the mundane tasks associated with multiboxing (targeted for missions, but should handle all types of rats, and will handle pvp on a manual level) and to mirror commands from a main client to slave clients (wow multibox style)
    Includes, but not limited to Module activation, drone management, locking and targeting, destination and autopilot, and a built in salvager.

First usage -
    Save the files to a folder named yamfa
    type this into the console - relay all run yamfa/yamfa
    endscript by pressing x on the ui. (relay all endscript yamfa)
    open the folder yamfa and edit the configurations for each of your pilots (only need to be done once) (note if modules are missing, undock your crew, and try again)
    relay all run yamfa/yamfa
    smoke bitches.

Configurations -
    FirstTime - Leave it, thats so the script knows to generate a file or not
    Autopilot - TRUE/FALSE - I have autopilot features for the salvager set his to FALSE
    Undock - TRUE/FALSE - I would still leave this TRUE for the salvager (opinion only)
    Defense - TRUE/FALSE - Activate modules labeled Defense, with a fleet tag, or with an Entity Name
    Speed - TRUE/FALSE - Activate modules labeled Speed (reserved for ab/mwd labeled Propulsion Module in config)
    Autolock - TRUE/FALSE - Master will lock targets automatically so you don't have to
    Locking - TRUE/FALSE - Process any/all locking functions
    Targeting - TRUE/FALSE - Follow the master's target
    Shooting - TRUE/FALSE - Should this toon be using Offense/Auto modules
    Drones - TRUE/FALSE - Should this toon use drones (offensive drones only please scout/ewar/etc no salvs or support and just leave false for the salvager)
    Blackout - TRUE/FALSE - Will disable 3DDisplay and Texture Loading, increases fps, sometimes texture loading doesn't come back on until after client restart fyi
    Unload - TRUE/FALSE - Whether or not to empty the cargo hold when docked (meant for the salvager, but hey if you like clean cargo holds)
    Pulserate - # - Script speed. Any whole number, start with 2/3 your FPS, you can bring it down, but this will start doing funny things more on this later...
    Role - Master/Slave/Salvager - Logistic is now a slave with locking targeting shooting... set to false. Master is for the one toon who decides what to lock
    Shieldpct/Armorpct - 0-100 - When an active self repper is equipped this is the relative percentage of health it should start repping on.
    Capmin/Capmax - 0-100 - Percentages of cap to turn on/off Speed and Self Repping modules only
    Orbit - 0, 100-100000 - Distance for slaves to orbit master (in meters) Set to 0 for slaves to hold still
    Mastername - The name of your Master character
    Mastersession - "echo ${Session}" - Generally it is something like is1 or is19, only important if you want the console spam from everyone.

Next is your ship and modules (modules can now be configured per ship and will appear as another section)
    Modules can accept the following values -
    Offense - Will shoot with/when the master activates their Offense modules (Master module is no longer necessary)
    Auto - Will be activated as soon as there is a target present (for farm mode combine with autolock on the master, and auto on all slave modules... epic)
    Defense - Will be activated as soon as defense is unpaused (use for gang links, hardeners, comps etc)
    Shield - Used for active shield boosters, cap and health auto managed based on values above
    Armor - Used for active armor reppers, cap and health auto managed based on values above
    Speed - Used for "Propulsion Module" ab/mwd, cap management and will only be activated if you are approaching something (note not just moving, approaching/orbiting/keeprange)
    FleetTag - Enter any fleet tag but zero (A-J X-Z 1-9) this will activate the module on a fleet tag as soon as it appears and defense is unpaused
    Entity Name - Enter any entity name, or character name, any name, module will be activated on the entity when present and defense is unpaused. This is intended for logi chains, but "should" work in any way you can dream it to (shouldn't be case sensitive, but cmon, just do it). NO CAP MANAGEMENT HERE
    Tractor - For tractor beams
    Salvager - For salvagers
    Miner - For asteroid mining lasers
    None - Ignored

The UI ----------------------------
    Now appears on all screens, as now it doesn't really matter who sends these new commands so hooray
    Button presses now have a more visual response
    For switching pause states I use left click to pause and right click to unpause. It feels weird at first, but I prefer it to be harder to turn on than turn off
    Again... Left click off, right click on
    Think of the config as your electric breaker and the ui as a light switch, if the breaker (config setting) is off the light switch won't do much (ui), but even if the breaker is on the light switch needs to be toggled in order to get light.

X - relay all endscript yamfa
    Defense - Toggle defensive, fleettag, and entity named modules
    Shooting - Toggle offense and auto modules
    Autolock - Toggle the new auto lock feature on the master
    Drones - Toggle drone use
    Gate -
    Left click: everyone approaches the gate if in sight (the salvager will not obey this)
    Right click: everyone activates the gate (eve defaults approach then activate when in range so careful eve will store this command)
    Salvager -
    Left click: Salvager activates autopilot
    Right click: Salvager tries to in this order - Activate gate, Warp to master, or activate autopilot
    Stop -
    Left click: relay ALL stop ship (same as ctrl+space or the stop button on your HUD) spam if you like its just stop ship
    Right click: relay all Clear All Waypoints (there is no button for this in eve so careful on the spam, only need it once anyways)
    Retreat -
    Left - All ships warp to within 100k of the nearest moon
    Right - Everyone sets destination to a bookmark labeled Home
    M! -
    Master swap, press this button on the toon you wish to become master
    Must be left clicked then right clicked (stupid I know)

The empty box - Type in a bookmark or system name and hit enter and everyone sets destination there

Anything toggled on by the ui will be toggled off at the start of warp, it can be toggled back on during warp, but this is to prevent your crew from firing up in front a station or gate. A little pesky at first, but trust me it is for the best.

Features/changes -
    The master relays all of its locked targets, locking targets, targeted target and shot at target to the slaves who will follow along
    The master can now Autolock, starts with sentries, bs, bc, cruiser, dessie, then frig (not players, just rats)
    Drone health is monitored and drones are recalled when injured (stupid smart new ai lol)
    Drones no longer "engage" they guard, a toon will call for guarding when they are red-boxed (shot at not just targeted)
    Cap and health management with shield/armor reppers
    Auto module activation when toggled and configured
    Slaves can Autoshoot, set your weapon to Auto and when a target is acquired it is shot at
    Ui had an update to make it more visually responsive and no longer requires to be on the master so appears on all screens
    Destination and autopilot are no longer relayed it is controlled on the individual level
    Now if a destination is set the toon will engage autopilot or undock on its own, hence the box in the ui, just send one command (salvager should set autopilot to FALSE he has a button)
    Hidden feature! If you promote someone to fleet commander and they have a mission, they will warp the fleet to it, just demote them afterwards.
    Salvager!
    I am going to stop and tell a story about contraband. I am having a hard time deciding how to deal with contraband in my script. Right now what you should do is allow the salvager to loot contraband (there is a pop up message you have to say yes and don't show again), when the script senses a warp out and you have contraband in your cargo, it will terminate the warp and jettison the contraband, you then have to reissue the warp command. It works fine, however, one day my salvager was merrily waiting at the stargate for a warpin command when he found a blue cargo container. Being the loyal salvager he is he tractored it in and looted it. It was contraband, and he was immediately dispatched by the customs agents surrounding him. So moral of the story is, don't leave the script unattended in improper areas. I will work on a better contraband system, but for now this is what I have.
    I know a lot of you applied bandages to yamfa over the time I was away. Hopefully I have simplified this for you. The code is a lot less sloppy in my opinion, but hey live and learn. I am no professional, just a schmuck with a keyboard who wants something different than whats available, and is willing to share. I already see many things I can do differently already, but I am not ready to rewrite or overhaul at the moment, everything works great.

Tips on usage -
    If modules are not activating properly make sure to exit the script and rerun it while in space. I cannot get certain module information while docked.
    Pulserate is based on framerate. It is basically the number you entered plus a random (1 - your number) and is used as a frame counter. If you have variable framerates for active and hidden sessions that will affect the script. I recommend setting up a new team with fixed framerates for all characters regardless of being active or hidden. Also locking them at lower framerates can increase performance across the board. For instance my team is locked at 20 fps and they stay 20 fps no matter the situation, rather than having wild fluctuations. Otherwise it is best to set the pulserate based on active framerate so that hidden are at half speed rather than active at double speed. At 2/3 your fps you will get pauses of 2/3 sec to 4/3 sec.
    Keep your roles pure, don't mix salvagers or guns or remote assistance modules. This is untested and unsupported, and bad things very likely will occur.
    Set master with autolock, and all offensive modules on all toons to auto and it will clear out a mission for you.
    Set the salvager to undock, but not to autopilot, he has a button you can push for it later.
    Logistic chains are easily set up by assigning modules with character names.
    While a lot of cool stuff can be found lying around at gates, so can a lot of bad things, the salvager is always waiting and he will pick up stuff like contraband. Don't worry he checks loot rights, but don't leave him unattended at gates or stations... just in case.
    Autolock will not lock players, BUT IF YOU DO, the slaves will too!!! Careful with auto modules!
    After the pm I received I don't think I explained logistics well enough.
    Logistics are not internally supported they are completely based on the module settings
    Set all logistics' lock/target/shooting to false (anything offensive)
    Set all logistics' modules to accept either a name or a fleet tag (remote modules that is any are supported shield/armor/energy/signal)
    They will then activate when you unpause defense
    They CAN field offensive drones (drone guarding does not require a target)
    I am not entirely sure what all types of drones can guard, but if you can guard with them in EVE, my script will too. I am curious to know if this is more than just combat/ewar drones.

Future thoughts -
    Reduce the hiccup factor, there can sometimes be some chop as the script processes, I will work on reducing this as much as possible.
    Salvager performance, he can be a bit slow, but he will get everything all the time. No more collections of used targets anywhere, everything is 100% independent of initial conditions.
    Contraband... I have some thoughts on paper, but I think they will be ugly in practice.
    Mining...
    Overhaul for massive control and monitoring increase.
    Perhaps mixed roles...
    Tinker with the fleet warping a little more
    I can also very easily make configurations per ship, not just modules, but a whole new role. It will just increase the amount of config work you have to do... let me know your thoughts.
    One last bug I am working on, but for some reason just failing with miserably is modules not online. Don't have modules that are not online equipped this = breakage. I will fight it more soon, but I just feel like an idiot over this right now, so please, just please take it off don't leave it offline. for now...

If there are targets that autolock is not processing (or slaves for that matter) let me know and I will take care of it. I know I am targeting missions, but I intend to support anything "mission like", incursions, sleeper sites, ded sites, anything with rats.
    PVP won't have an autolock, but as of right now ANY TARGET AT ALL, locked by the master will be mirrored, players, structures, wrecks, so there will always be that support for those who pvp.

Configuration tips
    Master ignores locking, targeting, and shooting commands
    Anyone using fleet tags or names for modules should not use locking/targeting/shooting their targeting is handled internally
    Autolock is only acknowledged by the master.
    Anyone present on the grid can use drones (really only the salvager can't)

I sure hope I covered everything. As you can see I am trying hard. I will let you measure the success, as I am completely pleased with what I have created.

Attached Files:

• ui.xml
      File size:
      10.8 KB
      Views:
    • yamfa.iss
      File size:
      46 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  2. guardian

guardian Member

1st thanks for making something as in-depth as this. It looks awesome!

A few questions for the stupid

- Are the names of the pilots the names or their ID's? I am trying to use names currently however I cant get them to warp to the main pilot....

- The defensive modules seem to be running all the time, is there a way to tweak that so they only run when that pilot is being attacked or when shield/armor drops below x percentage? It wastes cap and not all ships can be 100% cap stable.

- Under "masterweapon" if you have a few different ship types / weapons how should that look? Should there be a variable(script) string MasterWeapon = "xxxxx" per weapon group?
  3. aChallenged1

aChallenged1 Active Member

Just for clarity, the operator can use any grouping of ships, within the numbered limits of the script, and the primary points are; 1) defining Master; 2) defining rest as slaves; 3) properly setting up logistic ship(s) if any.

Does it allow for the implementation of specialized ships like salvagers? I hate to leave perfectly good materials behind.

I am thinking of a setup of a missile cruiser, a railgun cruiser, a logistics cruiser along with a salvager.
  4. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

The exact name of the pilot, use echo ${Me.Name} in the console if unsure. If you are using the correct names let me know, but it should work. After uploading this I downloaded it (silly I know) and went through my instructions and it worked for me, but maybe I know something I didn't say.
    Energy management lvl 5 bitches! Umm as far as tweaking that, perhaps... I could add checks for ShieldPct < 100, or CapacitorPct > 50%, sigh maybe... but for now you can remove individual modules as described above (obviously I just put in everything for now so everyone can choose, later this should be a more in depth option)
    find the switch, you will know cause it has like 15 cases of all defensive modules, remove what you like

Basically the master weapon is this... whenever this module is activated it prompts the slaves to fire their weapons, You can choose any module you have equipped so long as it targets an enemy, the hurt event relies upon Module.TargetID. So it doesn't matter which weapon or weapon type you choose so long as the script can get a TargetID from it. Choose the one you ALWAYS shoot with. Now if you are constantly switching ships/weapon types there is not much I can help you with for now other than change the MasterWeapon to whatever you are using at the moment. I will consider adding multiple configurations for the master and slaves, but this already sounds like a nightmare and a half.

Couldn't have summed it up better myself. ANY grouping of ships, Master MUST have an offensive weapon for TargetID purposes, Slaves *Should* (I would like to say must, but I plan on using ecm in the crew soon as well) have an offensive weapon, logi pilots won't use weapons even if they have them, and slaves left out, well they just stay behind when you say warpin and ignore certain events like drones commands. And the number of ships is only going to be a limit in this version, later you will be able to fly any number of pilots without the need for lengthy code rewrites.

Soon... remember very early stages, very very rough draft. This is more proof of concept than anything else.

Me too bro, me too. Salvage by hand for now, but I intend to implement something like wreckingball in here at a later time.

It should never matter to the bot what you use and how... I am going to try to program special tasks for those special pilots, but this is tough without hardcoding it in at the moment. Lots more to come, and if you would like to see something specific added please request it, but be as specific as possible this way I know what you want, and what I can give you. There will probably be a lot that I deny simply to make sure the script is pilot agnostic as possible, but who knows... I only fly my ships MY way, let me hear your way.

All that being said, please be patient with me, I am working hard on it when I can, but I LOVE to use it as it stands right now... it's a moral dilemma...
  5. guardian

guardian Member

well i cannot get the warp in feature to work....

YAMFA loads on the master and the slaves all turn on their modules and will even approach the master. However when i warp off and try using the "warp in" button, nothing occurs.
  6. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

I can see no reason that this should be happening... They are fleeted yes?
    This function has nothing to do with the configuration so unless they aren't fleeted I am kinda lost.
    When you push warpin I use this command
    Code (Text):
    relay "all other" -event WarpIn ${Me.ToPilot.CharID}
    So you can see it sends your CharID straight from the master.
    The slaves receive it and process it this way
    Code (Text):
    Local[${Commands.CurrentValue.TargetID}].ToFleetMember:WarpTo
    Where Commands.CurrentValue.TargetID is the CharID sent from the master.
    So again you can see it gets you from the local pilots, casts to fleetmember and yeah...
    It won't process the command if you are warping (Me.ToEntity.Mode.Equal[3]) or if you named the character to be left out (Me.Name.Equal[${SlaveLeftOut}]
    So fleet up and make sure it isn't a slaveleftout other than that I can't tell ya, err did you change the value for slaveleftout at all? Cause there should be something there so it will evaluate to false when it checks your name against the defined name. The value I put there is fine. Or whatever name is in there the pilot won't warpin.
  7. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

Alright... so I was about to start plugging away again at the real version of this when I found this little diddy in isxevechanges.txt
    Sigh... this changes everything. Luckily I am not to far in so the few modifications should be easy. And the power!! Hopefully I can make it nice and straightforward, we'll see how things work out.
    Also in retrospect what I posted was far to complex for what little I meant to achieve. I am going to gut the current version and put up something simple that can be used easily. Also I fixed a lot of the hangs and chokes in it. So if I remember to get around to it tonight I will update the main post with new and simple instructions with a simpler version of what I have up currently. Whats there now is a mess hehe.
  8. ajeati

ajeati Active Member

Thanks for this I played with it today and no crash, worked just fine with a hyperian tanking and two canes running lvl 4's with a noctis behind us.

My only request would be to have the ability to throttle the active tanking on my slaves to manage cap better. I understand this is just the beginning as you said earlier.

but maybe a button on the ui to activate all slave tanking mods on/off would be cool

thanks Again!
  9. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

Yeah the active tanking was a just for now thing. So I will let slip my plans since it is the answer to your request, but these are still only plans, I don't know how much the code will let me do just yet.
    Since the fleet tags are now available to ISXEve, I think I will use the tags to control "groups" of attackers/attacks, ie This entity has tag A, activate all slave weaponry, This entity has tag B, activate all slave ecm/ewar, This entity has tag C so activate all weaponry from group B, and this will be configurable on a per group per toon basis (energy weapons on Slaves 1-5, target painters on Slave 3, ecm on ALL Toons).
    Then for the buttons in the UI, I want them all to have a basic left click function, then also have a right click function that brings up a menu of toons and allows you to send the command to an individual slave. In your case you would right click Help, then select the toon that should activate the specific defensive modules, again configurable by group and toon. OR lets say you have a group of Logis, selecting an individual will make them the target of 1 or more shield reppers.
    I am dreaming up some big things... I hope they all work out.
    Anyways give me about half an hour and I will put up a tuned up first version...
  10. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

Update 04/01/12
    See main post...
  11. guardian

guardian Member

hey tiny I just started playing around with the new version

I am not too far in, however I noticed that YAMFA doesnt detect clients that are on a 2nd PC, however they are linked in innerspace for keyboard / mouse broadcasts

could u add that in as a quick update?
  12. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

Yeah... come to think of it I didn't even consider this... It shouldn't be very hard for me to do this.
    I have about an hour or so before work, so I will try damned hard before that, if not it will be about the same time as last night. However, I don't have a multiple pc setup at the moment, so I can't test it.
    When I do update it I may have some questions...
  13. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

Ok fixed it, it was due to me using "relay all other" which doesn't seem to include remote uplinks. I will dive into relay groups tonight so I have more control over who gets what command, until then just ignore the console when it spews "runscript failed" or "endscript failed", consequence of "relay all run yamfa/yamfa"

PS If this still doesn't get the remote sessions let me know, but you can work around this by running yamfa on both machines and use fleet tags! The master is only needed if you just want the slaves to mirror who you shoot and where to set destination and autopilot.

hmm didn't mean to double post, gross.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  14. guardian

guardian Member

just throwing out small bugs as i see them :)

the follow command doesnt seem to work, it spams "follow null" in the console.

I was just trying to get the clients to orbit me / warp to me.... havent tried moving systems yet
  15. guardian

guardian Member

auto targeting is working great

however auto shooting at the same target as the master isnt working? no error message that i could see
  16. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

I will admit follow wasn't tested as well as I wanted so I will pole at it tonight. As far as shooting did you set one of the modules in your masters configuration to "MasterWeapon" ?
  17. guardian

guardian Member

Nope but I will try it soon with that fixed!
  18. guardian

guardian Member

is adding an "attack" button possible? or perhaps linking it to a keyboard key? makes it a bit faster to attack a specific target... the masterweapon thing doesnt seem to be 100%
  19. guardian

guardian Member

oh and the repair feature is good / awesome
  20. guardian

guardian Member

the targeting seems to go in the order of the last target 1st... can that be reversed
  21. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

Off the top of my head targeting order should be sequential by entity id I might be able to change the order a little, but in the end it will always mostly be in that order because of the way the collection is sorted.
    I can add an attack button and that is a genius idea, banging my head for not thinking of it myself. It will only be for the master's active target but you are right it will be faster. And masterweapon should be 100% but it takes time to send and receive the command so if you are one shooting it won't respond fast enough.
    Repair feature? Umm what is that you are referring to?
  22. guardian

guardian Member

Where it turns on the hardeners based on damage, great add....

Ill play around with the masterweapon thing and see specifically when it works / doesnt

other then those issues I already wrote about its working really well!
  23. guardian

guardian Member

i dont see an option in the xml to get targeting / shooting via tagging to work
  24. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

You need to set the module's activation to the fleet tag you want it to activate on. Remember how I had you set one to MasterWeapon, set the ones you want to the fleet tag you want. A-J X-Z 1-9, do not use 0 (the number Zero). These settings are what determines when and where the module is activated.

One last thought, if you are going to use tags remember the script will lock entities you tag and if you do not change the setting the slaves will also lock what the master locks. To prevent funky behavior you can set the character setting "Lock" to "FALSE" and the slave will no longer accept the lock command from the master. And as well if you want them to lock, but not to shoot what the master is, change the character setting "Hurt" to "FALSE" or if none of the modules are set to hurt that will be fine as well.
  25. bowie

bowie Senior Member

I've followed all the instructions in the first post and, although I can see that yamfa is running with 'scripts -running' command and it generates a config file, I have no gui / box / buttons etc.

Anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? I've tried running in fullscreen and windowed mode.

[EDIT]
    I've also tried changing the values on
    Code (Text):
            <X>600</X>
            <Y>600</Y>

..with no success.

Also, UIElement -list does not show a Yamfa window. UI -load yamfaUI.xml returns the console message that the file cannot be located. I have all the files in "..\Innerspace\Scripts\yamfa"

[2nd EDIT]
    OK..figured it out. My 2 pcs weren't connecting via the IS Uplink. I have sorted that out with the command "uplink remote -connect computername2". Does anyone know how I can have Innerspace / ISXEve do this at startup so I don't have to type it into the console every time?
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  26. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

I still haven't toyed around with remote uplink to much, I thought that was all configuration stuff with innerspace/isboxer. What I can tell you is how to run a command on startup though.
    Right click innerspace in the taskbar and select configuration. On the IS config screen choose the tab labeled Game Configuration. Use the drop down to select the game you want to configure. Click the Startup button, then click Insert. Select the New Entry, you can rename it if you choose, but in the command line enter the command you no longer want to type.
    I use this to run entire scripts on startup, something that launches ISXEVE, and signs me in automagically. One thing to note however is since eve uses a launcher, and a splash screen (all of which will proc the startup command) you need to put in an exception in the startup script to ignore these windows.

Ah what the hell I will write a startup script for you, copy and paste and save this snippet.
    Code (Text):

function main()
    {
     if !${LavishScript.Executable.Find["ExeFile.exe"](exists)}
     {
      Script:End
     }
     ext isxeve
     wait 200
     uplink remote -connect computername2
     ;Login:SetPassword["MyPassword"]
     ;wait 10
     ;Login:Connect
     ;wait 300
     ;CharSelect:ClickCharacter
    }

Now you can run this script on startup for a few different things, load isxeve, remote uplink, and autologin.
    However like I said before, there has to be a configuration in IS/ISboxer that you must have missed. Search around the IS wiki for things like uplink, remote uplink, sessions, and things like that. Most of the info I gave you is pulled from there, and the script here feels more like a workaround then the solution.
  27. bowie

bowie Senior Member

Works a treat! Thanks, Tinyromeo.
  28. bowie

bowie Senior Member

I don't seem to have a line in the xml file with MasterWeapon in it..I've tried adding MasterWeapon=650mm Prototype Siege Artillery Cannon to no effect; actually, it deletes that line when I restart the script. I'm guessing that MasterWeapon needs should read MasterWeapon=12345678 or something..but how do I find the ID of the masterweapon? As it stands, my slave ship locks the target but doesnt attack. Anyone help me out?

I guess what I'm asking is how should the xml line with MasterWeapon look?

Here is my xml file as it stands:

Code (Text):

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <!-- Generated by LavishSettings v2 -->
    <InnerSpaceSettings>
        <Setting Name="MyName" Hurt="TRUE" Lock="TRUE" Undock="TRUE" Follow="TRUE" UseDrones="FALSE" Orbit="3000" BlackOut="FALSE">6500563711</Setting>
        <Set Name="Modules">
            <Setting Name="Propulsion Module">Never</Setting>
            <Setting Name="Missile Launcher Rocket">Hurt</Setting>
            <Setting Name="Stasis Web">Hurt</Setting>
            <Setting Name="Projectile Weapon">Hurt</Setting>
            <Setting Name="Warp Scrambler">Hurt</Setting>
            <Setting Name="Armor Hardener">Always</Setting>
            <Setting Name="Armor Repair Unit">Armor</Setting>
            <Setting Name="Missile Launcher Rapid Light">Hurt</Setting>
        </Set>
    </InnerSpaceSettings>
    Also, I've just noticed that I only have an xml file for my master pilot..not my slave...in the yamfa folder.

Code (Text):
    Located in the yamfa folder you will now have a configuration file for each pilot... configure them as explained below.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  29. bowie

bowie Senior Member

OK...I think I have the slave ship shooting now...i could only get it to work by deleting the xml file for the master (I dont seem to have one for the slave) and then I could edit it without it reverting. I still don't have an xml for the slave tho...but it seems to be working ok.

I have noticed the slave does not orbit the target though...it seems to stay with the master. Is there any way to allow the slave the orbit the target?
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  30. Tiberious

Tiberious Member

Is there another release for this script? Last night I attempted to use it and had some issues. Following, slaves attacking target, etc. I will work on it tonight and see if i can get it working, but wanted to know if there was a new release.

I read through this today and tried it last night. I noticed a couple of things that would be nice that are listed/not listed.

1) Attack Button - it was suggested that there be a button that would force the slaves to attack the primary of the Master.
    2) BlackList Clients - I noticed that it engages ALL eve clients and it would be nice to keep some clients from being engaged. Possibly through a blacklist of sorts or possibly keeping it to only those clients "in fleet".
    3) I noticed the "help" class and wondered if this has been implemented and how it is implemented. i.e. Is it for the master only? Is for all clients in Fleet/on grid?

I would like to say up front - this is a great script and has been despirately needed. One of the things that has been missing from ALL combat/mission bots is fleet assistance - most importantly logistics support. Something like this opens up level 4 missions and higher to people who don't have highly trained characters.

Thanks again!
  31. guardian

guardian Member

bump

will this script need updating for the new isxeve dll btw??
  32. frbyles

frbyles Member

i Have started working on Yamfa heres a link to my thread and wrk as of today

HTML:
    http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php/6243-Pvp-bot?p=38650#post38650
  33. frbyles

frbyles Member

HTML:
    http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php/6243-Pvp-bot?p=38650#post38650

this is the link to my thread im trying to make Yamfa more of a PVP bot and here where im at so far im a noob so im learning in babysteps
  34. frbyles

frbyles Member

35. frbyles

frbyles Member

hey guys i have modified yamfa Its awesomeo now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  36. frbyles

frbyles Member

Try this one

Attached Files:

37. mandark2005

mandark2005 Member

Hi, I have a question my yamfa broadcast target and locking it works but when the master shoots the targets, the slave is not activating the weapons.

Can you help me with this?
  38. frbyles

frbyles Member

Open ur mains char config file and change his main gun or any other Hurt weapon that you want to use as a trigger from Hurt to MasterWeapon

<Setting Name="Sensor Booster">Always</Setting>
    <Setting Name="Damage Control">Always</Setting>
    <Setting Name="Energy Destabilizer">Hurt</Setting>
    <Setting Name="Projectile Weapon">MasterWeapon</Setting>
    <Setting Name="Propulsion Module">Never</Setting>
  39. mandark2005

mandark2005 Member

Thank you for your help :)
  40. Drift3r

Drift3r Active Member

Wow this script rocks! Keep up the good work folks. This is awesome for those of us who multi-box but don't want to fully bot or are just to plain stupid to get other scripts working.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  41. Bishop97

Bishop97 Active Member

Had this script working great a week ago. Finally set it up on a few ships inside a WH and while the slaves target the master's targets, they don't fire and they won't orbit the master. The "Orbit" or "Approach" command results in the slaves spamming the console with "ApproachNULL" or "OrbitNULL".

Any thoughts?
  42. frbyles

frbyles Member

im assumeing that was a isxeve bug with new patch should be all working great now
  43. Drift3r

Drift3r Active Member

As of the latest ISXEVE patch this fine script is broken. It will not activate any modules or fire off weapons but it will follow my commands to approach, dock, orbit from the script's GUI. I've tried re-installing and deleting the character config/slave config files and it still does not function correctly.

I also get the error message

Any clue as to what maybe wrong? I really hope this script doesn't die off due to lack of support as it is the only script I've used that is remotely useful in that it did what it was advertised to do in a easy to use manner.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  44. bowie

bowie Senior Member

Hope so too Drift3r
  45. Drift3r

Drift3r Active Member

YAMFA has been working intended now as of 2+ weeks ago in case anyone is wondering. It is a awesome script.
  46. Samum

Samum Active Member

I've downloaded zip by frbyles and cant undestand how to do that all fleetmates activated MWD or AB if MAster activate this module.
    And in this packet option "Orbit" and "Approach" is used for orbit and approach Master? Or orbit/approach the target?
  47. Drift3r

Drift3r Active Member

MWD/AB is either on or off. There is no toggle option that I know of myself but I may be wrong. As for orbit and approach it is in relation to the master ship.
  48. Samum

Samum Active Member

Ok Drift3r, thx.
  49. gair

gair Active Member

ISXEVE: module.IsActivatable cannot be used for grouped or passive+hidden modules

This happens to me when I have my weapons "grouped". Ungroup them and it should go away.
  50. gair

gair Active Member

Anyone have the Propulsion Module working? What's the XML setting?
  51. frbyles

frbyles Member

I have updated this script http://www.isxgames.com/forums/showthread.php/6243-Pvp-bot?p=41355#post41355
  52. frbyles

frbyles Member

BTW i get the messages also when innerspace/isxeve is compiling but it dosent effect anything that i can see.
  53. frbyles

frbyles Member

54. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

Rewrite due soon... testing atm...
  55. Dreadarm

Dreadarm Member

You Sir are THE BOMB!!!

I cant wait!

I do have one request. This is mostly for my logis. but each one has 4 reppers, I would like to be able to assign fleet tags to each of them individually, not have them all grouped to one setting if possible that way i can assign 1 or two to a tag and another 1 to another tag ect.

Cheers!
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  56. bowie

bowie Senior Member

How's the rewrite coming along Tiny?
  57. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

Finished, and beautiful. Just had a busy work week, but tonight is friday night for me so within the next couple days I should have it posted.
    So I rewrote from the ground up, like I love to do all the time. There are some real big changes too! Lets see haven't used yamfa since like last year so I will try to remember what is changed...
    Yes, modules are now configurable individually, no groups. Fleet tags are supported, but I can do you one better...
    Module activations will now accept these values- Master, Offense, Defense, Shield, Armor, Speed, Auto, Fleet tags, AND!!! the name of an entity! (great for cap/logi chains)
    Drones no longer use engage, they have an automated guarding system, basically if someone is redboxed they will call for drone support and everyone fielding drones will guard that person. Pretty f'ing sweet if I may say so, but I can see the use of an engage button very soon. Their health is also monitored, so if they are losing/lost shield (not armor or hull, so you can still field damaged drones) they will be recalled and not launched again until you toggle them back on, and even then if the shield isn't recharged it will recall them immediately.
    The ui is a little more snappy nothing to fancy, but button clicks have a more visible response. I am also trying to move away from sending "commands" with the ui, while this won't be possible in all cases, I now use more options in config, and toggles on the ui. No more "master pause" in fact there is no real pause at all, just toggles for a few actions (defense, shooting, autolock)
    You probably noticed I used the word Auto more than once. Offensive modules can be made "auto" so that if something is locked, turn it on. The master can also benefit from Autolock. The master will choose targets and lock them for you.
    Master/Slave/Salvager are the only "roles" used anymore. Logistics are just slaves. One thing I must mention, I can't guarantee results when you mix offensive and remote assistance modules. Keep your logistics, salvagers, and offensive ships pure to their roles.
    Built in salvager, with his own button that functions to call him in (warp to fleet member, use gate, or initiate autopilot, in that order)
    One little sneak thing I might leave in based on feed back, if someone is the fleet commander and has a mission, they will warp the fleet to the mission location. I love this myself. I can sit back on my master who is fleet boss, promote someone to fleet commander, wait a few seconds (there is a session change that happens and all actions pause during this time like 10 sec), and bam the fleet is warping. Then just demote them.
    As you can see I am working hard on minimizing the amount of screen swapping, and button clicking. My crew is now doing level 4's in 10-20 minutes full clear, full salvage and loot. Takes maybe 10-20 mouse clicks as well, and I can almost completely walk away during a mission come back in a few minutes, and bam its done. I don't want full automation, that is not my goal, but if I can shave off more mouse clicks I will.
    I am pretty sure this isn't all of it either, but I will be editing the main post and re outlining in more detail when I am ready. I mean hell, if my insomnia flares up you might get it tonight.

So no I have not posted it yet... just letting your mouth water a little. See ya soon though!
  58. funchief

funchief Active Member

sounds magnificent and i look forward to the updated version.
  59. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

Look no further for behold the main post is updated with a new script and new instructions. I hope you all enjoy!!!
  60. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

Found a pm today I would like to share my response to. Pm or forum reply to get a hold of me, doesn't matter.

So quick update today, the setting orbit in config now accepts 0 or 100-x (100 is EVE minimum I think, but 99 will be treated as 0 in the script) Setting Orbit to 0 will keep the slaves from orbiting. However, they do not follow the master at all this way so movement will be your responsibility (the gate button will still work fine).
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  61. frbyles

frbyles Member

YAYY the real Coder(Author) is back :) ! hope u can add my few little messy bits into your rewrite .(after you clean up the code mess i made lol )
  62. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

I mean, I don't want to kick a dead horse or anything, but the old yamfa is history. Everything has been rewritten.
    After looking over your forum post it looks to me like everything you want is now just handled. Not sure is PVP had any support before (I may have filtered targets), but it is fully supported so long as the master is the one locking (or a fleet tag pops up). I just want to keep autolock away from pvp now, but I plan to offer as much support for as many roles as I can.
    As for logistics, they too are handled. Not as a built in role, but you can tell them not to lock or shoot things and they will ignore those commands from the master while still obeying fleet tags, or the "entity name" condition. I have no real plans to "automate" the logistics, they will always be a chain or through fleet tags. Just thinking about AI regarding logistics gives me nightmares.
    Anything else I am missing?
    Same goes for all of you, is autolock getting everything you need it to (rats only)? Any features I forgot or you think I could add?

I will add I have made significant progress on mining, however there are issues I am mulling over before I release it publicly. All of you will want to dump your ore somewhere different and this is posing a real challenge for me. Will you have an Orca/Rorq's fleet hangar nearby? Are you jet canning? Do you have a hauler... I mean the list goes on and on. So as soon as I devise a clever way to handle at least 90% of you... mining!
  63. guardian

guardian Member

can the setting name="SLOT" be changed or removed if wanted?

sometimes i move modules around and it seemingly breaks this feature if x module isnt were it was originally detected to be...
  64. guardian

guardian Member

also, can the docking feature be returned? IE everyone dock at the closet station or station that master is docked at?

do you accept bitcons btw? a bit more anom. then paypal :)
  65. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

I will check into it, but off the top of my head I will have to go with no. I needed a unique identifier for each module, slot seemed logical, however if I can get something like an ID or whatever, but even using module type or module name will overlap and again "group" like the old yamfa did. The other option is to go back to filling out some default values on modules (I mean who doesn't set their shield hardener to defense), but there will be many that a default value won't be good for, and chances are these will be the ones you are swapping about ( I am assuming targeted modules here)
    I do now have some hazy recollection of a dock button... The button was easier to click, however the empty box at the bottom of the new ui accepts a whole lot of stuff. Bookmarks, and anything that you can query using the Universe TLO, stations, systems, and probably more. Bookmark a station with something easy to type (I use home) type the bookmark label (home) into the box and hit enter, voila everyone sets destination (then as long as autopilot is TRUE they will begin traveling there). Same works for systems, type in Jita and everyone sets destination there. I hope this will provide enough/more functionality than a plain dock button, however, there are things I can do, warping to moons, docking at stations (closest would be the way, but this is by distance and the randomness of it... eww, I like knowing more where I am taking everyone using bookmarks). Undock will be brought back, just again need some clever solution for it since command processing is blocked by docking/warping/autopilot, so just need to make a work around for it is all, will be easy.
    I chose to not relay the master's destination anymore, it was causing me a lot of headache in the last one so I just flat out abandoned it in this version. Now so long as a destination is set, the toon will undock/autopilot itself. Which is also why I recommend leaving the salvager's autopilot to false so he can sit and work in peace, then when done can be called on with the destination still set.
    I guess also your question ties in with my issues with fleet warping. SetDest, and AutoPilot are easy things, but warping around inside of a system... So far I just use my master who is squad or wing commander and warp fleet. The only thing that really comes to mind right now is maybe a "retreat" button, left to warp to a moon or something, right to dock at station. I guess I could have the master choose the location on button press so not everyone is choosing their own (which shouldn't pose any problems, just yeah). Alright... just thinking out loud now.
    I have been seeing this bitcoins thing more and more and it intrigues me. Yes I will, soon. Just want to do a little more reading first. Thank you :)

Edit: After looking there is indeed a module.id so I will take a look at how it performs in a bit. It may assign a new id everytime it is switched around though so don't get your hopes up just yet. I think that your best solution is (if you can afford it) fit multiple ships for each situation, then name them different and they will all hsve individual setups.

PS... I signed up for bitcoin and have immediately decided to stop. Overnight the wallet (which had nothing congrat-fuckyou-lations) was compromised. So thanks, but its just not worth posting shit like that I guess.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  66. guardian

guardian Member

check ur messages tiny
  67. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

o.0 I received no messages...
  68. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

I am close to updating again, there will be some big changes. Retreat button to do some running away and docking, The master (target caller if you like) is also able to be hot swapped while the script is running, I will put in what I have for mining it is minimal, but functioning well (handles laser activation, crystal management, and unique target selection), as well the configuration scheme has changed. It will require you to delete your old configs, as now Modules use ID which doesn't care about slot and will remain with the item after being unfit and refit. Also the full configuration has been lumped under the ship, so if your toons are ship hopping a lot you will not need to rewrite the configs each time.
    I am not releasing just yet since I have some big changes coming I wanted to lump as much together as possible. Now is the time to make that request for features or gripe about how this one behaves vs the old one or other scripts. How are you using it/want to use it? What needs changing? Does it need changing? Are you guys enjoying this one at all even? Why or why not? Cmon hit me with your best shot. It won't change much unless you let me know how to change it because it completely serves my needs and then some.

Again it is not updated yet (since 8/4/13), but this is what is coming.
  69. guardian

guardian Member

Tiny - Add you paypal address to your sig, so people can donate a some $.
  70. frbyles

frbyles Member

i recently reactivated my isxeve acct and will be reactivating my alt army soon (when i have time to use them) so i will definitely be testing the new yamfa out since i use it solely for fleet management during pvp (i do my own roaming gang and gate camps :) . the fleet and master versions of all the buttons like jump, dock etc button is very crucial for me since i use the master to bait with and once aggressed i use the fleet button to get the rest through the gate out of the station etc Ie on grid with master asap to burn some shit down. Im not a coder just a copy paste edit warrior lol so i may be able to add some things to it if i see something that i would like.
  71. pz

pz Active Member

does anyone else have serious issues with yamfa not 'assisting' -- every once in a while i'll "cmdtarget" in the console, but it's really rare, and i end up having to flip to slaves and lock targets manually. what am i doing wrong?
  72. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

This is probably something I did wrong a while back. I have updated today with a fix for that.

So I have been having some family issues and no longer have an active sub to EVE. I am still here and listening, but development has unfortunately stopped for now. I will still be listening for requests, but I am very busy now. I am here to post the update I promised months ago.

Many bug fixes I can't remember, added some mining, modified and added some buttons. Lets hope I can remember everything important in the main post.
  73. tinyromeo

tinyromeo Active Member

That sounded more like a farewell letter than I intended. I will be back in full swing in a few months, I have a long journey ahead of me. I would still love to hear requests, my inbox is always open.
    The only catch is if I do manage the time to poke at the script I will be sending you the prototype for testing since my subs are down for a while.
  74. pz

pz Active Member

all good, if there's anything i can do to help (like toss you a plex or something) let me know.

> cmdlock still isn't happening very often, if at all. this could be my own misunderstanding though, perhaps it only gets called if slave has 0 targets? i do see it sporadically but typically i'm flipping to each client and locking cuz i don't want to die. if that is the case, i'd really prefer it maintaining all targets from the master so there's no delays (waiting on new cmdlock) when an adversary dies.

> i'm not really a fan atm of how the ship info is stored in configs, really preferred the previous version. what i was doing previously was just copying configs between slaves, when i'd updated something. with the .. id? of each module stored i can't do that anymore. it's not a dealbreaker (not that we have a deal ;)) but it took me a bit to realize what was going on, since when i copied the configs this time the slaves added their modules to the list that were already in there, and ended up not being able to function at all. not really a change request or anything, just making a note in case anyone else does a similar thing and can't figure out why offensive mods aren't firing.

> i intend to modify "retreat" to use a safe bookmark if one's available instead of home, just to match how i already do my bookmarks. i did just reread your update notes and see the leftclick to moon, guess i didn't notice on my previous read-thru thanks :p

> the master swap button is hot, but it stores the swapped master in the config -- imo it should be a temporary swap, not written perm to config unless you specifically want it to. perhaps leftclick do the swap, rightclick store as perm? this might only apply to my usage, as i have 2 seperate "standard" fleets i use occasionally, but sometimes i mix and match depending on what im doing (hence the master change, but wanting it to be temporary).

> an undock button would be a good idea imo, and ill probably hack one in here locally regardless, but for example i like to run yamfa, undock, then reload yamfa to pick up modules, before flying off to wherever/whatever i'm doing.

> im also modifying my copy to default to auto for offensive mods, just a note.

that's what i've come up with so far, some of that is just me thinking out loud, and if there's a better way to do something i've mentioned please let me know. i didn't look at the mining portions at all.

thanks for your work!
  75. pz

pz Active Member

ignore my comment about the master button, its so easy to swap its fine as-is, thanks ;)