Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otistaylor, Dec 3, 2018.

1. otistaylor

otistaylor Active Member

If possible could you folks be kind enough to post your group makeup for the current expansion. I am running a Monk, Defiler, Inquisitor, Dirge , Coercer and Ranger. Honestly I am not having any success. Any advice on my group makeup or posting yours if you have had success this expansion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  2. Sunomi

Sunomi Senior Member

Do you meet the minimum resolve check for T1 heroics? Are you max infused/plat infused? Do you have at least expert spells? If anything, I'd consider parking the defiler and running a warden in its place. The hots + reactives this expac seem to do very, very well. I dropped my mystic for the warden/inquis combo and for me it was night and day. I do run a guard (used to run a monk), and a swash instead of a ranger. But my warden and inquis are neck and neck in HPS on heavy healing fights in T1 heriocs at the moment with at least 1100 resolve and similar potency/
  3. otistaylor

otistaylor Active Member

Thanks for the advice. All meet the resolve requirements and meet what you mentioned above. I will try to gear up my warden and drop the defiler and see how that goes.
  4. Sunomi

Sunomi Senior Member

Also if you're not, when you do swap, you may want to run max heals on both healers until you can access the damage and then adjust from there. Even things like putting them both into heal stances for a bit could be the difference for now.
  5. Ibotthis

Ibotthis Member

I'm having a hard time with it myself. I'm running a paladin, templar, warden, ranger, illy, troub. I've never had any issues with paladin tanking until now. All are at least 1300 resolve and a minimum of 50k potency or higher (I know the potency is low, but should be able to get through a T1 with it.) I got the first two names down in Vengeance of Ro EH, but the final named, and the first name in Enkindled Towers is beating the snot out of me. I'm not sure what else I can do to survive.
  6. bg50

bg50 Active Member

try specing into CB
  7. otistaylor

otistaylor Active Member

Just wanted to give an update on what little my group has accomplished. Doomfire: vengence of roe - event heroic- first named only. Awuidor: nebulous deep heroic- first named. My dps is low. All team members are sitting in mid 60's in potency. All over 1250 resolve. All mastercrafted with level 5 Experimented gear and full plat infusion. I think unless I am in tier 2 heroics I will not get better gear than I currently have equipped. A friend of mine who helped make a lot of my armor has cleared most zones and tells me from what he has seen drop I wont get better equipment unless I can clear tier 2 heroic content. That is disheartening as hell. Any thoughts on me dropping my dirge for a beast lord? I did manage to kill the first named in Enkindled towers but had to bring in my Mystic friend who is geared to the hilt. Basically dropped the dirge for that encounter and had a three healer group. Basically healed it to death. Took 17 minutes to kill it LOL!
  8. pelly

pelly Active Member

I just returned from a month long trip to Asia for work and am now just checking out this new expac. From what I am hearing my group setup from the last several expansions is probably in need of a revamp? Zerker, Dirge, Ranger, Coercer, Swashy and Defiler. I'll be testing them out this weekend. Fortunately, I tons of leveled up characters to swap out, but really got used to my A team.
  9. Ibotthis

Ibotthis Member

As it turns out, it's not really group makeup. Everyone's potency needs to be jacked up as high as you can get it. Plat infusion, followed by crafted infusers makes a huge difference. Also, if you don't have your deity stat bonuses to 100 yet, you can buy them on Isle of Refuge, use them up there to get potency, crit bonus, and stamina to 100, and it transfers to all characters on the account.
  10. otistaylor

otistaylor Active Member

And how do you get back to Isle of Refuge... thought that was the starting island
  11. slomaro

slomaro Active Member

I also run guard,warden,inq,coercer,dirge,swash. havnet had any issues. but just T1 at the moment.

guard is T2 raid geared.
  12. eddie43302

eddie43302 Active Member

isle of refuge is the free trade server..
  13. otistaylor

otistaylor Active Member

Ok got it. Just finished panda questline on the group so I was able to get them from that merchant.
  14. Ibotthis

Ibotthis Member

If you use krono, or pay the sub monthly, you can create a character (or better yet, transfer one with plat on them for 450 dbg cash) on the Isle of Refuge server and people sell the draught of stamina/crit bonus/potency that you can get out of the divine attribute crates from missions. They're heirloom, so become tradeable and either put into a potion depot, or on the broker. If you use those on the toon from the free trade server, it boosts up everyone on the account to the same level.