Kunark's Ascending - Heroic Instances Guide

Arcanna’se Spire: Repository of Secrets [Heroic] - Tier 1

Named: Xerxes'Kade (center of zone)
~55 billion HP?
~10 billion HP?(adds)

Spawns adds(Protector of Xerxes'Kade) which he draws HP from at 35%. The adds must be dragged away from him, killed as quickly as possible and then concentrate on the named again. If done correctly, adds will spawn every 60 seconds and heal him for 5% per tick while they are up. Done incorrectly and multiple adds will spawn and the named will be at 100% fairly quickly.

I suspect this is currently broken, as the only way to beat this encounter requires 5-600mil+ DPS at the last part, which isn't practical for a typical heroic T1 group.
I was not able to pull the adds away whatsoever, so after many many pulls. . I put them in one spot. . put the Death Touch charm on all 6, (took it out of the cast stack if it was in there), made a button, and burned the name until the add spawned, targeted add, hit MCP button to use all DT charms. . blew up the add in a second. . and back on name and killed it before the next one came.

Oren

Any advice on the last named in Arcanna’se Spire: Vessel of the Sorceress [Event Heroic]?

Im not running a gimp group, no problem on any other named, no problem getting her down to 50, but after that, all my chars are just all over the place and eventually end up getting killed.. as the whirlwinds follow individual characters, you cant just camp spot in once place, or your toons will end up constantly running into the same whirlwind over and over again.

I have never seen a more frustrating fight in my life. What all have you guys done to get past this?

uiyice

I have never seen a more frustrating fight in my life. What all have you guys done to get past this?
I ran back and forth, far wall to far wall, with ofollow on. Once the whirlwinds almost got to me on one side, I'd charge through them to the other side, frequently getting an airborn bounce that got me across the room faster. Back and forth, back and forth... It was silly, but straightforward.

appleuser

Same, move group if whirlwinds are nuts, otherwise just letting group bounce around until the annoying sorceress is dead.

brijacq

Lost City of Torsis: Reaver’s Remnants [Challenge Heroic] - Tier 3

Hi, is it possible to do a "set up" to do the curse move on the last mob please?
DPS might still be an issue but the manual move for the curse is the issue at the moment.

Thnx

Kannkor

Ogre
Lost City of Torsis: Reaver’s Remnants [Challenge Heroic] - Tier 3

Hi, is it possible to do a "set up" to do the curse move on the last mob please?
DPS might still be an issue but the manual move for the curse is the issue at the moment.

Thnx
I changed it and will be out with next patch. Because I wasn't there I had to guess how far was "enough" for CM. If it's not far enough, or too far let me know and I'll tweak it again. I plan on patching later tonight.

otistaylor

Anybody figured out how to Make Major Eghonz dispell the bulwark buff in Kaesora Zalgozian heroic. He is the second named and is stuck in a loop at not taking damage. Screen reads Major Eghonz focuses his bulwark then immediately says The ectomatic bulwark fades. So basically stopped taking damage at 60 percent . Was wondering if this is just a bug. Please let me know if someone figures it out or is having the same issue. Literally went immune to damage for 22 minutes last night.

Thanks!

brijacq

Tried stopping attacking? It gets 2 buffs, if you keep attacking it re-applys the buffs. Stop attacking wait for buffs to drop then start again.

Stop attacking on green text and restart on 2nd green text.

the green text applies a buff with a 25% chance to refresh the buff and also reapply the damage shield.

otistaylor

Thanks for the info... I may be blind or something but can someone tell me if there is an MCP button to make my entire group stop attacking. Couldnt find it if there is! I have bad eyes though so that isnt much of a surprise.
Thanks for the help!

appleuser

Thanks for the info... I may be blind or something but can someone tell me if there is an MCP button to make my entire group stop attacking. Couldnt find it if there is! I have bad eyes though so that isnt much of a surprise.
Thanks for the help!
Easiest way is just make your tank target himself, everyone stops hitting named but wards / cures etc keep rolling.

Kannkor

Ogre
Stop attacking on green text and restart on 2nd green text.

the green text applies a buff with a 25% chance to refresh the buff and also reapply the damage shield.
Interesting... I've never stopped targeting him. I've always just sat there and burned him. I can easily add this in next time I run the zone if it'll help. I'll play with it.

Cheesy

Interesting... I've never stopped targeting him. I've always just sat there and burned him. I can easily add this in next time I run the zone if it'll help. I'll play with it.
It's pretty random if the nameds bug out or not in all honesty. Sometimes you can just keep attacking, buff will drop after 1 application. Other times you can keep dpsing it and it'll reapply over and over until you stop DPSing.

Of course several nameds are also a PITA and target lock you to adds while doing so, and you end up damaging named, spawning more adds and getting in a fun loop.

this is also True with 4th named in the same zone and also 2nd Named in Arcanna'se Spire: Repository of Secrets { Tabor'Zaai } diffrent named effects but all do the same.

1st and 4th named effect and wording for first

Pork.

Last edited:

uiyice

Its a beam of light that hits one member of the group from the orbs either side of the main room. You have to have your settings up a little to see it, but then you have to position the group so the beam passes thru the armors torso, that makes him kneel and takes one count off.
For those that play on the lowest settings possible, they key to seeing the beam is just /num_active_spell_results >0.

Can't see it by default on Extreme Performance (num_active_spell_results = 0)
Can see it by default on Very High Performance (num_active_spell_results = 1)

You can see it at any graphics level by just doing a /num_active_spell_results 1

Kannkor

Ogre
can someone confirm if (set up for Smithy) is working in The Ruins of Cabilis. Cant seem to get it to work!

Thanks!
Comfirmed.

I campspot everyone around the river to the south east. Do the set up for smithy, everyone ran in. (I rescue on my tank as I run in).
Every time I the thing happened under him, everyone except the tank ran out then back in.

otistaylor

Ok got it to work . I hate the encounter... dont have enough dps to kill him quickly and that annoying booting around and stun just ruins the zone. They need to remove that damn leash.

Thanks!

Midnyte_ride

Lost City of Torsis: The Spectral Market [Heroic] - Tier 1
The Torsis Champion
~200 billion HP

Will yellow text that he's looking for a new target periodically, memwipe and move towards that target. In the process he'll spawn a pulsing yellow AE that instakills anyone that walks into it(DP's don't work). Keep the group moving away from him when he yellow texts until you see the yellow pulse drop
OgreBot: set up for Champion
-> Movement for everyone including the tank. Be warned, this set up will put you in aggro range.

Ongnissim the Unseen
~420 billion HP

Will yellow text every 30 seconds which requires a 20m joust, otherwise anyone near him gets hit for large amounts of damage. I just moved back and forth at the top of the platform where he is, as dragging him down the stairs resulted in a leash and encounter reset.

And no, that HP total is not a typo.

OgreBot: set up for Ongnissim
-> Movement for everyone including tanks.
Has anyone used these set up commands successfully? Just ran this zone for the first time in ages and tried both with explosive results. The Champion set up did move all the toons, and after he emoted the first time they moved a little bit. Apparently wasn't far enough though and everyone died. They moved until the golem was 4m away from the tank then stopped.

Ongnissim the set up command didn't do anything at all. They stayed where they were campspotted.

Curious if anyone else has gotten them to work, in which case it's probably something on my end.

Kannkor

Ogre
Has anyone used these set up commands successfully? Just ran this zone for the first time in ages and tried both with explosive results. The Champion set up did move all the toons, and after he emoted the first time they moved a little bit. Apparently wasn't far enough though and everyone died. They moved until the golem was 4m away from the tank then stopped.

Ongnissim the set up command didn't do anything at all. They stayed where they were campspotted.

Curious if anyone else has gotten them to work, in which case it's probably something on my end.
I think I actually didn't release them yet. I noticed they are still in my development stage in my revision history and I'm really good about updating that. I think I meant to patch before I left but got busy and didn't.
Champion worked because a 'while I was working on it' version slipped out and got pushed live in a previous patch.

otistaylor

Wizards Den-EVENT heroic

Can someone please help me. I am failing bad on the second named in wizards den event heroic. Nazkra- I have tried the recommended strats but am confused. How are you supposed to pull the named without the adds. Numerous people have said to do this but I see no way to do it. I get about 4 adds when I body pull Nazkra. I get him down to 75 percent then he heals back to 100. I have also tried the strat to kill the vicars but more just keep coming and I have no time to get on the named at all when I am focusing on vicars. Not sure what I am doing wrong can I please get more specifics on this encounter. Like how to keep Nazkra from healing and such. Thinking maybe my dps is just too low because I use a two healer group!

Thanks!

Kannkor

Ogre
Wizards Den-EVENT heroic

Can someone please help me. I am failing bad on the second named in wizards den event heroic. Nazkra- I have tried the recommended strats but am confused. How are you supposed to pull the named without the adds. Numerous people have said to do this but I see no way to do it. I get about 4 adds when I body pull Nazkra. I get him down to 75 percent then he heals back to 100. I have also tried the strat to kill the vicars but more just keep coming and I have no time to get on the named at all when I am focusing on vicars. Not sure what I am doing wrong can I please get more specifics on this encounter. Like how to keep Nazkra from healing and such. Thinking maybe my dps is just too low because I use a two healer group!

Thanks!
Not sure this will be of much help...
But this is what I've always done, and just did an hour ago.
Camp group at door, walk up and use an arrow on tank. Run back to group. If Vicar comes I kill it down then just AE anything else.
With DPS what it is now a days, I generally only get 0-1 additional adds than what I do on pull.
I don't really recall how how many adds I used to get when my DPS was lower (300m group wide). But never had an issue.

GamerMac

Wizards Den-EVENT heroic

Thanks!

I just did the zone for the first time exactly like Kannkor stated above. Although I grabbed more mobs on the pull and killed about 12 overall... They did randomly run in from the other room. Just focus on named. My group dps was about 300mil for the fight, took 6min, finished the entire zone in about 45min.

otistaylor

Ok so with the named healing back up to 100 percent once i take him to 75 percent I am assuming this is because a Vicar has healed him because I havent killed the Vicars fast enough correct?

Midnyte_ride

Yea the Vicars are the ones that heal him, so if you get one kill it asap. Centurions you can just ignore. If you pull him all the way back to the door you shouldn't get any additional Vicars during the fight (though I've gotten one before).

Isnewbie

I changed it and will be out with next patch. Because I wasn't there I had to guess how far was "enough" for CM. If it's not far enough, or too far let me know and I'll tweak it again. I plan on patching later tonight.
Has this been pushed live yet? Tried using it for Neh in challenge mode but it's not working.

Multicharacter

I was not able to pull the adds away whatsoever, so after many many pulls. . I put them in one spot. . put the Death Touch charm on all 6, (took it out of the cast stack if it was in there), made a button, and burned the name until the add spawned, targeted add, hit MCP button to use all DT charms. . blew up the add in a second. . and back on name and killed it before the next one came.
I tried this - but it took 3 DT charms to kill just one, and he spawns 3 at a time. By the time I've killed them at a minimum he's healed up to 40% (usually more than that), and then the second he gets to 35% he spawns 3 more adds again. I've seen in other Arcanna'se zones the number of adds being random, so is it just a matter of luck and keep pulling until he decides to spawn a different number of adds once he's down to 35%?

Edit: Incredibly buggy. Finally got a pull where he didn't spawn multiple adds, but then he healed up to 100% instantly even when spawning just 1 add. ACT shows 'Steal Force' being activated multiple times in the same second (it would heal him to 100% in increments of around 2,500,000,000).

2nd edit: Just kept evaccing, and trying again. Eventually he only spawned 1 add when he got to 35%, AND it didn't heal him up for multiple ticks instantly. He died then (presumably that's how the encounter is suppose to work). Seems he's very picky about how fast you DPS him when he's near that critical 35% threshold. Too fast and he bugs in random ways.

Last edited:

mattb

Named: Tabor'Zaai (exit first named room and turn right immediately and follow corridor around)
~55 billion HP?

In a room with a bunch of unlinked projections which you may want to try pull out first.

Spawns "an ancient remnant" on a timed basis(~60 seconds, seemingly multiples as he gets lower in health), that memwipe and have a force target spell. I ignored them and concentrated as much as I could on the named.

Named also casts a reflect periodically.

Tank'n'Spank, as the adds have too much HP to kill off between rounds to make a difference over just concentrating on the named.
I can't get this, he runes too often and for too long and eventually the adds overpower and kill my healer/dirge so everyone dies.... any other hints? I even stop hitting him when his runes up but he still keeps it forever...Eventually i die to 15+ adds over an extended period. I can kill them but he keeps popping more.

r0rb3rt

He seems to rune at 90 and 50% only. Make sure you don't attack him when the rune is up or he will heal. I was in the same boat as you for awhile, you just need to get more dps on him. I finally took this guy down tonight only to get cockblocked by the last named of that zone who needs even more dps to take down D:

Midnyte_ride

Tabor'Zaai is just a dps check unfortunately. Having great survivability helps, but as you've found eventually you get overwhelmed with the memwiping/target locking adds. I set an auto target on each of my toons for Tabor so I don't lose dps when my tank gets force targetted, but besides that just bring as much damage as you can outside of his immune periods. If you haven't already, get the greenmist/PQ primary and achievement secondary on ALL of your toons. It's almost not worth starting heroics until you have them.

The last named, Xerxes'Kade, just bring along 4+ deathtouch charms and he's easy. Make sure they're not in your cast stack, and when the add pops obliterate it with death touches (I made an MCP button for everyone to click at once). Add dies instantly and you can then finish Xerxes.

r0rb3rt

Are those charms only raid drops? Was searching but could only find ones from a ToT x2. Are those the charms you mean?

Midnyte_ride

Bottled Endless Courage. You can buy them for ToT currency on the mushroom vendor in Thalumbra. (Don't have a /loc right now, but can post it when I get home).

otistaylor

Repository of secrets .... How the heck are you killing that second named ..... the adds have that stupid force target and they spawn so fast I cant stay on the named. It sucks ..... I do run a a two healer group so dps is kind of low. Is there not an alternate strategy to kill this thing....

Last edited:

r0rb3rt

Try setting a non tank as the assist so your other characters always stay on the named, giving your tank an auto target on the named so he switches back whenever possible. If you do this you just have to be careful to make sure no one is attacking during the immune.

r0rb3rt

Any tips for the frenzied devourer in baron's workshop? The tooltip says that the poison becomes curable when they drop below 75%, but even when my guy's bars are yoyoing up and down like crazy it rarely becomes curable. I use a solo defiler, maybe wards are the issue? The only way I can get this guy down is if the poison doesn't hit the defiler :(

Cheesy

Any tips for the frenzied devourer in baron's workshop? The tooltip says that the poison becomes curable when they drop below 75%, but even when my guy's bars are yoyoing up and down like crazy it rarely becomes curable. I use a solo defiler, maybe wards are the issue? The only way I can get this guy down is if the poison doesn't hit the defiler :(
Get it on your tank when you pull,and do your best to stop your tanks HP spiking. You can keep your tank above 75% for the full fight and it wont need curing.

However as the fight goes on, if you have low DPS, the curse increases in damage and will likely end up one shotting your tank.

brijacq

OgreBot 17.125 should have them all. I just patched it out a few seconds ago.
Reavers Remnants Challenge Heroic

Works perfectly on last named....and drops nice loot =)

4th mob....set up doesnt move the group because the Challenge mode mob spams a different text from the Heroic zone when a move is needed....

"Dread Wraith's eyes begin to burn into your soul!"

Thanks

Brijacq

Kannkor

Ogre

4th mob....set up doesnt move the group because the Challenge mode mob spams a different text from the Heroic zone when a move is needed....

Thanks

Brijacq
That is the exact text I have for easy mode. I may have to attempt CM some time to see.

Oren

Thanks

Brijacq
Shit we cant get past the 3rd named with a stacked group of guildies.. actually impressed you are doing this with your own group... damn.

Midnyte_ride

If you're having trouble meeting the dps check and you have a class that can charm undead, grab A Greater Knight Skeleton. They're doing upwards of 200mil dps currently.

brijacq

That is the exact text I have for easy mode. I may have to attempt CM some time to see.
Yeah just did the zones....... the difference is.... Heroic is a red text on screen........Challenge is an orange chatbox text...... same wording on both.

Thnx

Brijacq

appleuser

Oh, i see.
I didn't know you could click lanterns...
But if special_zonespecific worked, try using special.
If there's code specific for the zone (special_zonespecific), then it doesn't click specials. But if there is no special code, then it does the same thing as special.

Can you explain what specifically you're suppose to do? Where are said lanterns?
Sure, like I said I can't get in game this evening so details might be vague.

I also tried Special, that wasn't working either btw.

So when the fight starts there is text along the lines of Boss is immune to all damage but physical, and he gets a buff (blue iirc, but same icon whatever the damage type which is annoying) if you mouse over it you can see what he's vulnerable to at the moment.

Around the main building there are 4 little roofed areas, one either side of where named 1 and 2 spawned. Each one contains a lantern which is clickable, and you can 'harness its power'. One is physical, one nox, one arcane, one elemental.

You need to watch the chat box to see his vulnerability change, and mouse over the buff to see which lantern to click.

I think that's right, someone will correct me if not I'm sure.

Hope that helps!
Did you manage to take a look at this Kannkor? First time in here tonight for me since Christmas and MCP isn't working for the lanterns like it did first couple of weeks.

Kannkor

Ogre
Did you manage to take a look at this Kannkor? First time in here tonight for me since Christmas and MCP isn't working for the lanterns like it did first couple of weeks.
Use special, not special_zonespecific.
Special_ZoneSpecific should ONLY be used when I code something "special" for that zone and it has a use. Otherwise using Special will click any "special" that is nearby.

Unrelated, do you think you actually gain any time by running around to all the lanterns vs just ignoring and burning him?

Isnewbie

I can kill him in less than a minute clicking lantern vs 3-7 minutes it'd take to kill him depending on how lucky I get with his defense change. The speed boost given during that fight makes the transit time really short.

appleuser

Use special, not special_zonespecific.
Special_ZoneSpecific should ONLY be used when I code something "special" for that zone and it has a use. Otherwise using Special will click any "special" that is nearby.

Unrelated, do you think you actually gain any time by running around to all the lanterns vs just ignoring and burning him?
Thanks Kannkor.

I run between arcane and physical, ignoring the others, and yes, it's a lot faster.

Isnewbie

You should just drag your whole entire group to the appropriate lantern anyway. The boss doesn't have a lot of hp and she should be dead before the curse appears. You still have a few minutes even if the curse does appear and that should be plenty of time to kill it.

I tried this - but it took 3 DT charms to kill just one, and he spawns 3 at a time. By the time I've killed them at a minimum he's healed up to 40% (usually more than that), and then the second he gets to 35% he spawns 3 more adds again. I've seen in other Arcanna'se zones the number of adds being random, so is it just a matter of luck and keep pulling until he decides to spawn a different number of adds once he's down to 35%?

Edit: Incredibly buggy. Finally got a pull where he didn't spawn multiple adds, but then he healed up to 100% instantly even when spawning just 1 add. ACT shows 'Steal Force' being activated multiple times in the same second (it would heal him to 100% in increments of around 2,500,000,000).

2nd edit: Just kept evaccing, and trying again. Eventually he only spawned 1 add when he got to 35%, AND it didn't heal him up for multiple ticks instantly. He died then (presumably that's how the encounter is suppose to work). Seems he's very picky about how fast you DPS him when he's near that critical 35% threshold. Too fast and he bugs in random ways.
He is only supposed to spawn one add at a time, and even so, he doesnt heal for 15-20 secs after the add spawns, it should not be instant. . The dps check is killing the add before he heals. If you killed the 2nd name in the zone, you should have plenty of dps to kill him within the time he spawns only 1 add. If that makes sense. If anything, use the DT charms to kill the add, and if you have any evil chars, get some devastation of war diety abilities, like 2 per evil guy and you'll blow him up.

r0rb3rt

With the new nerf to that boss he is really easy, only spawns one add at a time, and you have plenty of time to kill it before it starts healing him.

GamerMac

Is there a trick to this.. like slowing him down or rooting him.. cause, I used 3 DOW's on 4 toons, DT's and a few times I have got him to 1% but usually it is 15-25% that way.. without DoW's it is 25-45%.

Multicharacter

Sorry, the first one.
Xerxes'Kade? They fixed his script so multiple adds don't spawn now, you basically just target the 1 add that spawns (which is what was suppose to be happening all along) and kill it, then get back on Xerxes now. If another add spawns before you kill him, then you switch to the add again, etc.

mattb

Crypt of Dalnir: Ritual Chamber [Heroic] - Tier 2

Named: Izzak Sira
Strategy: To spawn him, you kill 3 rune keepers, then click the runes. He spawns. While you are fighting him, he will put circles on the ground. The colour of those circles is the room you have to go too. He does MASSIVE amounts of damage if you are not standing in a circle.
You can cast while moving.
What I did, was ran to a circle then stopped. Waited for wards to refresh, then ran to the next one.
When you get to the room you need to go too, there are 6 little circles. You need to put 1 person into each of the circles. First person in a circle is rooted.
OgreBot: set up for Izzak
-> When you are standing in the circle near the room with the 6 little circles, doing a set up will stagger run everyone in to a spot.
-> I personally hit my set up button, then hit something on my guardian (group DP, group damage reduction) to make sure no one would die while running in. Seemed to work acceptable.
Anymore tips on this guy? I can't seem to get to a room, 2 pulses and i'm dead and maybe my healer isn't healing on the run by default? I just cant get anywhere.

Midnyte_ride

The bots won't cast while moving even if the fight allows it. If you have a druid in the group cast a group hot before moving to the next circle, it should keep you up. If no druid other healers usually have a few ticking heals you can use. Besides that try and get your hp up as much as you can so it's easier to survive. You can get some decent hp from the Enhanced Vigor AA in your class prestige tree.

Kannkor

Ogre
The bots won't cast while moving even if the fight allows it. If you have a druid in the group cast a group hot before moving to the next circle, it should keep you up. If no druid other healers usually have a few ticking heals you can use. Besides that try and get your hp up as much as you can so it's easier to survive. You can get some decent hp from the Enhanced Vigor AA in your class prestige tree.
Sure they will. That fight is coded specifically to allow casting while moving.
I do personally recommend running into each circle and stopping for a moment. This will allow you to take almost no damage while you refresh wards/hots etc.
If you run a guardian, champions interception is amazing.

Solenoid

Sure they will. That fight is coded specifically to allow casting while moving.
I do personally recommend running into each circle and stopping for a moment. This will allow you to take almost no damage while you refresh wards/hots etc.
If you run a guardian, champions interception is amazing.
Just wanted to say that this ability is really awesome (champions interception) I did not know about it b/c i was specced down the right side. but not now ;-)

Oren

Anyone else having a hell of a time with the 3 golems in Ritual Chamber? I only run my defiler... have no problem getting to them, but cant seem to just burn the first one down before the other ones come.... How do you single healer groups do it?

larrydoyle

"Note: If you get reflections, that means the fight is either on CM, OR is bugged out. I had to pull it 6 times before the reflections stopped."

This is happening to me every time. And my toons set up fine, but they never move from the original spot into the room (as another Ogre user has told me they should). Not sure what I might be doing wrong. I have rendering up to 600. Ideas?

mattb

Crypt of Dalnir: Baron’s Workshop [Heroic] - Tier 2

Named: Tootooz the Cryptomaniac
First boss is the goblin guy, never could really figure out his mechanic but if you have the dps, it's a non issue. I've only been cursed my him once which will kill the group pretty quickly, otherwise tank and spank.

Throughout the fight Tootooz will accuse someone of stealing from him. That toon just has to /point at someone else in the group.
If you point, it must be at someone that has NOT been called out yet.
Anyone figured this out? I am getting cursed and smacked badly every 30s or so....

Oren

Dumbfire pet is the big one - encounter is linked, and dumbfire pets will attack the others and break their root prematurely.
This actually made all the difference. Have plenty of time to killl 1, then 2, then 3 now. Really surprised that dumbfires were the culprit. I know its a linked encounter, but they are still like 150M away or something.

Top Bottom